The GMMH Psychological Therapies Training Centre is renowned for providing extremely high quality training to students in CBT and other evidence-based psychological therapies across the North West region and beyond. In 2020 the Centre was successful in securing national funding to continue to deliver Postgraduate Training, in conjunction with the University of Manchester, in CBTp&b, as part of the national Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) project for Severe Mental Health Problems. We are delighted to have been funded for a seventh year of training for 2022/23. We are looking for BABCP accredited CBT practitioners, who are highly skilled in the delivery of CBT for psychosis and bipolar disorder, having received specialist training and supervision themselves in the application of CBT to this client group. Suitable candidates would be those who have had a significant period of CBTp&b training and supervision by an expert in the field, such as in the context of a research trial of CBT for psychosis and/or bipolar disorder, or as part of a specialist training placement. Prospective candidates will be enthusiastic about training and skills development, with considerable experience in the delivery of CBTp&b supervision. The post is offered as partially or fully remote working.
Main duties of the job
To provide highly specialised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis & Bipolar Disorder (CBTp) supervision for mental health staff on the Post Graduate Diploma CBT (CBTp pathway), and PG Cert CBTp training programmes. To assist in the delivery, development and evaluation of the CBTp training pathways.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification:
Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
Cycle to work scheme
Salary sacrifice car scheme
Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Education Essential
- Qualification in one of the main mental health, health or social care professions (e.g. clinical psychology, nursing, social work, occupational therapy) with a minimum of four years' post qualification experience in mental health
- Post-Graduate Diploma level training in CBT/ CT (or equivalent)
- BABCP Accreditation as a therapist
- Recognised qualification in clinical supervision
- BABCP accreditation as a trainer or supervisor
- Substantial supervised practice experience of using CBT with anxiety and depression (e.g. clinical CBT post in Primary Care)
- Substantial experience of delivering evidence based CBT for psychosis and bipolar disorder
- Substantial experience of delivering CBTp supervision to a range of other professionals including experience of rating therapy sessions on the CTS-R to assess supervisee's competencies
- Experience of delivering CBT as a trial therapist on a CBTp&b trial
- Experience of delivering CBTp&b training
- Excellent knowledge of the theoretical basis and evidence base for CBT and CBTp
- Knowledge and understanding of national policies and processes related to CBT (e.g. SMHP IAPT, workforce plans, accreditation processes)
- Knowledge of research/ evaluation related to training programmes
- Ability to evaluate highly complex situations that require analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options (e.g. formulation of complex clinical problems) within a CBT framework and to advise other professionals regarding these
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively in a range of modalities and to a wide range of audiences (students of varying levels of knowledge, managers, commissioners etc.)
- Familiarity with MS Office applications and multimedia equipment relevant to training environment
- Success in having research published in professional peer-reviewed journals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.