We are seeking a Band 5 Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse to join our Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at The Junipers in Exeter.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to people’s lives to enjoy a better future?
You will quickly become part of a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team where you’ll be using your skills and experience to deliver a package of care to people on our psychiatric intensive care ward that helps them on their road to recovery. We passionately believe that with our help, people can improve their mental health to recover independence and return to their local community. About PICU
The Junipers is a state-of-the art, 10 bed psychiatric intensive care unit based in the beautiful grounds of Wonford House in Exeter. Junipers provides care for men and women with severe mental health needs. About you
We’re looking for a Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse - you may already be working in a psychiatric intensive care setting or have an interest in working in this area. Above all, you will be passionate about providing the highest level of care to the people who use our service.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team will mean you’ll need excellent communication skills and we’re always on the look-out for nurses who are keen to share new ideas and seek-out areas of improvement.
As you’ll be based on a ward that operates 24/7, you’ll be comfortable with working on a shift basis for which you’ll qualify for unsocial enhancements in addition to your basic pay.
£25,655 - £31,534 per annum pro rata (Band 5) + shift enhancements The location
Your base will be The Junipers, PICU in Exeter. About us
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive. If you are looking to relocate tothefabulous county of Devon we have a relocation package that may be suitable for you.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
- Refer a friend scheme applies – both earn up to £500 See attached t&c’s
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.