Band 5 Staff Nurse - Various positions available
Would you like to work in a caring friendly environment and make a difference to people's lives?
Are you a registered Mental Health Nurse looking for a challenge? If so we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
We are looking for Registered Mental Health Nurses to join our Adult Inpatient Services based at The Linden Centre on our Acute and PICU Inpatient Mental Health wards.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
- To work independently and accountably as part of a team of clinicians offering 24 hr mental health access and information in the locality of the Trust. The service will be 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for 365 days a year working shifts in an in-patient setting.
- To act as a role model to HCAs, supervising to ensure high quality care is given.
- Work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team.
- To deliver high quality, effective operational service to people with urgent mental health needs in the Central locality, in accordance with the principles and objective of the Trust and its vision as identified in the service. The job requires the post holder to work flexibly and undertake a change in role at short notice.
- To work collaboratively with others within the new organization to provide an exemplary level of care to service users and their carers.
About us EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer, the Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have theopportunity for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment.
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
We are looking for people who can bring commitment and fresh ideas, and determination to take forward our service in new and innovative ways; in return we offer Training and development of staff, support through regular supervision and Appraisal to assist you in setting realistic objectives.
- To be responsible along with other nursing staff for patient assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation all care aspects of individual care planning.
- Attending to the physical and psychological needs of the patients under the care of the nursing team.
- Act as key worker and co worker for a designated group of clients.
- Delivery effective individualised care by supervising staff in the assessment of patients condition. Ensure that accurate and objective information is recorded and signed by the appropriate member of staff.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with individual clients, relatives and carers are maintained by the nursing team. Write and contribute towards the formulation of care plans.
- Ensure effective and confidential communication at all times maintaining strict confidentiality with regard to any information concerning patients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the needs of carers of patients with mental health problems.
- To fully comply with the requirements of the NMC and upkeep of registration.
- Be aware of the Mental Health Act 1983 and be aware of clients detained under section of the Mental Health Act 1983 in the clinical area.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registration Mental Health Nurse RMN Part 3
- Meet the requirements for revalidation as set out by the NMC
- High standard of education
- Qualification in the mentorship of students.
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters
- The ability to devise comprehensive care plans that incorporate effective, individualised and evidence-based therapy interventions
- Understanding of the nature of mental health conditions and how they can affect people's day to day life and impact upon recovery
- Knowledge of working with external agencies involved in the care of people with mental health problems
- Working knowledge of the Remedy Clinical Information System
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills
- Able to formally supervise junior colleagues
- Undertake physical health checks of services users and act on the findings appropriately
- Experience of supervising junior staff and completion of yearly appraisals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.