Band 5 - Liaison Nurse:
The Liaison Psychiatry service based at Kings Mill Hospital is offering an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 nurse to work within a developmental post within the Liaison Psychiatry service. This will include working within the older adult and the working age team and supporting the Band 6 Liaison Nurses.Main duties of the job
The Liaison Psychiatry service is an established and well-respected team who seek to deliver a comprehensive, integrated Liaison Psychiatry service for patients within the Emergency Department at Kings Mill Hospital or who are inpatients in the general hospital setting and who may have self harmed or are presenting with an acute psychiatric crisis and often challenging behaviours, as well as delivering a service for older adult patients who present with mental health conditions such as dementia, acute confusion and delirium.About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are a highly motivated, organised and enthusiastic individual who has excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to working then we would like to hear from you and welcome your application.
Applicants must be a Mental Health Nurse registered with the NMC.
A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post; however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
A core requirement of this service is to provide training and education to our acute care hospital colleagues and it is expected that the successful applicant will take an active role in this.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- An interest in opportunities for development
- Evidence of further training
- Ability to mentor students
- Completion of preceptorship programme if less than one year experience.
- Experience of working in an MDT
- Recent experience of working with people with mental health problems
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues
- Demonstrate skills in risk assessment and management
- Experience of working with older people with mental health problems
- Knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health act/ Mental Capacity Acts and legal aspects of Mental Health Care
- Experience of collaboration working with other agencies including the voluntary sector
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Basic IT skills
- Effective teaching skills
- Focussed on learning and professional development
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Caring attitude
- Reliable and conscientious
- Patient & calm in situations of stress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.