We are looking for a driven and dynamic Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at Cygnet Nield House in Crewe, Cheshire Cygnet Nield House is our recently opened, 30-bed mental health hospital for women, with two distinct wards each offering specialist mental health services.
This role will provide psychiatric care to patients on Compton Ward, our 15 bed acute service, supported by a Specialty DoctorMain duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every dayAbout us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10 000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Are you an outstanding Consultant Psychiatrist
looking for new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
We have an excellent full-time opportunity at Cygnet Nield House. This is our brand new, 30-bed mental health hospital for women, with two distinct wards each offering specialist mental health services. This role will provide psychiatric care to patients on Compton Ward, our 15 bed acute service.
In this role, your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
And you'll have the opportunity to progress to Medical Director level through our management schemes, including Leadership and Management programmes accredited by The Chartered Management Institute.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your role responsibilities
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis & treatment
- Participate in ward rounds & clinical audits
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management & embed clinical governance
- Supervise reports for Mental Health Act tribunals & managers hearings & attend hearings
- Participate in the telephone on-call rota
We are looking for someone who is...
- Competitive salary up to £150,000 per annum (Depending on experience)
- 30 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- 5 days study leave, study budget and in-house CPD/ peer group programme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme covering 3x salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Research opportunities to include publishing in The Cygnet Journal (Cygnets co-produced peer review journal) and joining the Cygnet Research & Development Group
- Teaching opportunities including teaching medical students, teaching on the Cygnet CESR programme and Cygnet MRCPsych programme
- Opportunity to lead and participate in QI & Audit initiatives
- Company Funded Cash plan with the ability to claim up to £1000 per annum worth of benefits including free Physiotherapy, Osteopaths, Optical, dental, consultations, scans and free prescriptions
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- Car leasing scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Cygnet Annual Medical Conference
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.Cygnet Health Care
has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives. What next?
If you care about making a difference we want to talk to you.
To apply, please forward your cv to email@example.comPerson SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
CW1 4QWEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.