The Trust is seeking a consultant psychiatrist to join the North Wiltshire Intensive Service. The post is vacant due to the post-holder leaving. The consultant will provide clinical advice and leadership in a number of settings and interactions throughout their working week rather than at designated times only in their weekly timetable. There are weekly case reviews where an MDT approach reviews more complex presentations. This facilitates team discussion and creation of a team formulation. The Service are currently advertising for a Speciality Doctor to support the consultant.
Main duties of the job
Provide clinical leadership and consultation for Intensive Team members, supporting them in providing home based care and facilitating safe and timely transitions for patients between Inpatient and community services.
- Assess and treat patients referred to the Intensive Team advising on management plans through regular Team reviews and handovers and advice to Team members
Work with colleagues in the Intensive and Inpatient services to lead the acute care pathway
- Teach and supervise Medical Students.
- Support and participate in Clinical Governance and Quality Improvement.
- Comply with all Trust policies including Equal Opportunities and to promote equality of access to healthcare at all times.
- The post holder will be encouraged to develop an area of special clinical interest in line with service needs. This may be practice-based research.
- The Trust expects engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and, in view of this, appropriate study leave and expenses will be supported. CPD will include continued training to maintain the role of Educational supervisor for trainees.
- The post holder will undertake administrative duties associated with the running of his/her clinical work.
About us We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in a community setting.
Personal Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clinical Skills Essential
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Adults of working age and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
Research and Audit Essential
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.