Community Psychiatric Nurse
Merton Early Intervention in Psychosis Service & Sutton Early Intervention in Psychosis service.
Community Psychiatric Nurse. 1.0 wte 37.5 hrs (Early Intervention Service)
Main duties of the job Merton & Sutton Early Intervention in Psychosis service
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced CPN's to join our team based at The Wilson Hospital in Mitcham providing a service across the London boroughs of Merton and Sutton.
We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated nurses to work as care co-ordinators with people aged 17 - 65 yrs experiencing first episode psychosis.
Working closely with the MDT you will be responsible for planning, implementing and reviewing a comprehensive care plan for each client on your caseload.
You will be able to work in a supportive multi-disciplinary team where differing views and perspectives are welcomed and respected, and where passion and commitment to the recovery process are evident.
About us Benefits
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
Job description Job responsibilities
Working autonomously within the parameters of the role leading and supporting junior staff and wider care team to implement the delivery of quality nursing care, contributing to the physical, psychological, social, recreational and spiritual care in a recovery-focused way through therapeutic engagement and activities, and taking steps to address any issues that arise.
Leading on and undertaking activities to ensure that the fundamentals of care are met - nutrition, hydration, hygiene, comfort, emotional and social support:
Co-ordinating and evaluating collaborative patient centred care; gettingfeedback and improving plans with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
Providing accurate information about care in an accessible format to patients and their relatives / carers.
Liaising and working positively with members of the multi- disciplinary team and partner organisations.
Administering, and monitoring the side-effects of, medication; monitoringservice user compliance.
Safety; safe custody of medicines, sharps, clinical equipment, report allincidents following trust policy.
Leading and supporting/teaching junior staff on risk assessment and riskmanagement that involves making decisions based on knowledge of theresearch evidence, knowledge of the individual service user and their socialcontext, knowledge of the service users own experience and clinical judgment.
Person Specification Education and Qualification Essential
- Registered Adult nurse and/ or Registered mental health nurse and/ or registered learning disabilities nurse
- Mentorshop qualification
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Experience of research- based/reflective practice, e.g understanding and ability to use supervision to reflect on skills, attitude and knowledge and develop these by using evidence based practice
- significant relevant clinical experience
- evidence of continuing professional development
- experience as a preceptor/mentor
- experience of taking responsibility for a ward/ clinical unit
- experience of engaging / supporting clinical research projects
- experience of supporting practive development in clinical areas
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Able to provide quality care that is responsive to service user's needs, without close supervision
- Teaching ability
- Problem solving, ability to identify problems, review options and take appropriate action without a predetermined framework
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.