Apply today and receive a £3,000 'Golden Hello' as part of our commitment to growing our nursing workforce.
Payment for successful candidates. Terms and conditions apply.
Do you have an interest in community nursing for older adults? If so, this may be the job for you!
In older adults mental health services, we are passionate about providing the best possible care for our patients, their families and carers.
The role is community based, and will be required to cover a rural patch over Bridlington, Driffield & Holderness, therefore will need access to transport. Mileage is paid by the trust from your base to visits.
We are a multi disciplinary team, working across two bases, Rosedale Unit in Hedon and East House in Bridlington. We utilise a flexible working approach meaning people can work at a base close to them and at home when required.
Main duties of the job
Main role of the job is care co ordination, following the Care Programme Approach. This will involve assessing patients who have been referred to our service and liaising with other agencies to help develop a plan of care and treatment.
You will work within patients homes, as well as in local residential homes to deliver your interventions.
We work with patients that are experiencing both functional and organic mental health difficulties.
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started
Job description Job responsibilities
For further details/ information, please refer to the job description and person specification or contact team leader below.
We welcome requests for potential applicants to meet with the team leader prior to interview to discuss the role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Holds mental health nursing qualification and is registered with NMC or due to qualify September 2022
- Degree or equivalent knowledge/experiential learning in related clinical area.
- Willingness to undertake mentorship training and responsibilities
- Be on the live register for mentors
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring pre-registration students
- Evidence of current CPD/formal qualifications at an advanced level e.g. degree or post graduate level or equivalent knowledge/experiential learning
- Appropriate knowledge/experience of working in a relevant area of clinical practice.
- An understanding of relevant clinical practice/standards within own/identified clinical area
- Basic IT skills
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) and practice placements relevant to the clinical area at specialist level of care
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- A broad understanding of relevant policy, legislation drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusion, safeguarding.
- Understanding of caseload management and care co-ordination responsibilities
- Willingness to undertake and complete preceptorship; facilitating the transition for newly qualified nurse booklet and core competency development programme.
- Develop supervision and leadership, training experience/qualification
- Act as Care Programme Approach (CPA) co-ordinator
Personal Attributes Essential
- Work within the culture of improving working lives and working time directive
- Able to demonstrate effective interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate ethical values and attitudes within a culture of equality and diversity
- Awareness of leadership/management skills and qualities
- Ability to manage daily operations and maintain a safe working environment
Effort and Environment Essential
- Ability to commute between the various sites where necessary.
- Mandatory training for the management of violence and aggression
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.