We are looking for an experienced physiotherapist to come and work as part of our multi-disciplinary team working across our intermediate care reablement units within Taunton.
Main duties of the job
- Working closely within an well-established MDT alongside OT's, reablement assistants, Adult Social Care, GP's and a nursing team. Also supporting a Physiotherapy Apprentice.Members of the team have their own 'special interests' with an IST structure to support CPD. The team work so closely together so always opportunities to discuss complex work and adapt ways of thinking/discuss new ideas on how to help patients achieve their goals.
- Working within a care home environment is a lovely place to work! It is more homely for our patients and their families can get more involved in their rehab/journey than in a busier clinical environment. There is more time available to rehab patients over a longer timescale to really give them the opportunity to progress. Working more closely with patients and really getting to know them and their families allows you to build a good rapport with a real focus on patient centred care.
- Involved in Governance meetings meaning therapy views are really respected and valued which helps with service development
- Physio's are part of a wider Peer Group with colleagues from CRS which works well to widen knowledge and experience of community services and discuss more complex rehab patients.
Exposure to orthopaedic cases both upper limb and lower limb, some neurological rehab, amputee rehab, frailty, falls, also the opportunity to work more holistically with complex discharge planning cases/social admissions alongside OT's
Our intermediate Care services is an integrated health and social care service. Our bedded units support people to recover, re-able and rehabilitate after hospital stay. We work closely with a range group of partners to support people during their stay.
Job description Job responsibilities
Supporting the rehabilitation, recovery and reablement of people leaving hospital
To support physiotherapy intervention to help people to recover
To supervise and delegate to junior staff
To work as part of a wider MDT to support onward discharge planning
Person Specification Experience Essential
- previous UK physiotherapy experience
- HCPC registration
- MDT experience
- Discharge Planning experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.