A fantastic opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, committed, and forward-thinking Adult Speech and Language Therapist Professional Lead to provide leadership to the Adults Speech and Language Services at Humber NHS Foundation Trust. You will work jointly with the lead speech and language therapy in for children's services.
As a speech and language therapist you must be a member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
The clinician joining the team will be an active team player, supporting the wider needs of the speech and language profession and be a contributor to innovative practice, professional standards.You will provide professional leadership to the other adult speech and language therapists and work with the Head of AHP to drive change and look at workforce gaps and development within the organisation.
You will also be able to travel independently.
In return we will offer you regular managerial support, the opportunity for developing networks with others, and the opportunity to grow yourknowledge by working alongside clinicians, other agencies and professionals.
Main duties of the job
Be accountable for the co-ordination of the Adult Speech and Language Therapies across the trust.To be responsible for provide some clinical supervision and support to a team of adult speech and language therapists, ensuring that legal requirements, registration and affiliation to either HCPC are up to date, HCPC Codes of Practice are adhered to.Responsible for ensuring partnership working with operational managers and other colleagues.Responsible for demonstrating advanced clinical and professional leadership skills in practice and providing support and advice across theprofession across all the Trust services regarding professional practice.Responsible for providing high-level strategic advice and input regarding professional services, wider service development, delivery and coordination of the highest quality care in collaboration with service users, carers, staff, managers and other agencies (as appropriate).
Work in collaboration with Head of Allied Health Professionals and Practice Development. The successful applicant will work closely with the other professional lead for Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Creative therapy,and Dietetics. There are is a regular professional Lead team meetings to coordinate service delivery across the trust, as well as providing an opportunity for peer support.
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
Job description Job responsibilities
please refer to the job description and service specification for full details of the post. Or if you require any additional information that please contact us on the email address in the advert.
Samantha Jaques-Newton Head of Allied Health Professionals and Practice Development Email: samantha.Jaques-Newton1@nhs.net
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Speech and Language Therapist
- Registered member of HCPC
- Wide experience of specialist post graduate training and experience at Masters level
- Additional qualifications in relevant clinical practice
- Prepared to undertake or hold an accredited leadership qualification
- Completion of Clinical Supervisors course.
- Demonstrable experience of working at a specialist level with adults with range of condition's
- Evidence of service improvement delivery
- Evidence of building /maintaining networks
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent orgnaisational skills
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a qualified speech and language therapist
- Highly specialist knowledge underpinned by current evidence based practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies relevant to service area.
- Planning and delivery of clinical audit.
- Involvement in R&D
- Evidence of coaching or mentoring
- Proven management experience at an advanced level which has had a positive impact/create change within service delivery/practice.
- Experience of developing others through education, mentorship, coaching, teaching, assessing, presentations, publishing
- A breadth of clinical practice including clinically specialising in the field where the post is held
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, legislation, driver relevant to service area
- Knowledge and familiarity of adult speech and language therapy and of the services in the NHS.
- Knowledge of how to prioritise accordingly across the trust and ICB
- Evidence of project work that has impacted on practice and demonstrates a higher level of communication/planning/change that impacts out of own area of work/responsibility
- Evidence of management, leadership and organisational development issues that have had a positive impact on service delivery
- Member of specialist interest group/network, locally or nationally
- Experience of managing others
- Evidence of undertaking research
- Evidence of policy implementation and development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.