We are looking for an experienced Nurse, that holds a non medical prescribing qualification to join our Early Memory Diagnosis Services in East Herts.They will be work closely with GP's in the East and North Herts CCG localities and with other service providers to develop the primary care dementia diagnosis pathway.
Main duties of the job
The Dementia Nurse Specialist will work in a number of settings, alongside Primary Care, but with access to the wider EMDASS secondary care team to complete expert assessments to determine whether a person has dementia. They will initiate acetylcholinesterase inhibiters (where appropriate) and then titrate them.The post holder will fulfil the role of a Nurse Independent Prescriber for service users who are diagnosed with dementia as per Trust policy and NMC requirements
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the main duties and responsibilities of the role please refer to the job description and person specification documents attached.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION/ TRAINING Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health/Learning Disability) with current NMC registration
- Bs(c)in Mental Health/Learning Disability Nursing or Diploma in Mental Health/Learning Disability Nursing with evidence of CPD at Level 7 (degree) relative to specialist area of Nursing.
- Nurse Independent Prescriber
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent.
- Post graduate qualification related to Dementia Studies and/or be able to demonstrate further skill-based trainings related to Dementia Studies, Care of the Older Adult, Frailty
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE Essential
- Substantial experience of working in mental health services
- Experience of working with service users presenting with memory problems and/or emotional/psychological difficulties and challenging behaviour with their families and wider networks in situations of crisis and emotionally demanding environments.
- Experience of Nurse Independent Prescribing for relevant service user group
- Experience in working in Older People Mental Health Service/Memory Service and carrying out different range of cognitive assessments.
- Skilled in risk management
- Proficient in multi-agency working
- Able to demonstrate ability to work autonomously and manage a complex caseload
- Evidence of providing clinical supervision
- Experience and knowledge of implementing safeguarding procedures for children and adults
- Experience of peer supervision,
- Experience in assessing and implementing a range of therapeutic interventions in different cultural contexts
- Audit and research experience
- Experience of teaching/training in a formal or informal setting
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.