Central and West locality are able to offer an exciting opportunity for someone to join our well established Adult Community Speech and Language Therapy team in Central Lancashire as a Band 6 Specialist Speech and Language Therapist.
The post holder must have a Speech and Language Degree Qualification, licensed to practice and be registered with the HCPC and a minimum of 3 years experience within the relevant clinical field and a minimum of 12 months clinical experience within the NHS.
Main duties of the job
Experience in dysphagia assessment and management is essential. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills.
This post offers great variety and the opportunity to work within a Community Speech and Language Therapy Team. You role will be primarily to provide assessment, treatment and management to clients. You will be supported by other SLTs and a Speech Therapy Assistant.
The successful applicant will be expected to be flexible to meet the needs of the service as it goes through a period of transformational change. A commitment to working within a multidisciplinary environment with close liaison and collaboration with other professionals and carers will be vital . You will have a clinical supervisor and be supported to work on developing your knowledge and skills within this clinical field.
Appointment is by interview and successful applicants will need to undergo the usual NHS pre-employment checks
We welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds in order to reflect the diverse people we work with. Please note that we have a robust and fair selection process. You will need to evidence in your application form how you meet the essential criteria for the post in order to be selected for interview. Applications for other forms of flexible working will be considered
This post is subject to an enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Job description Job responsibilities
We are looking for a versatile, innovative individual with experience in adult speech and language therapy, preferably in a community setting. The successful candidate will have fully completed post graduate competencies in dysphagia, enabling independent management.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes.
You will be able to manage and prioritise your own caseload and will have the opportunity to work across the community setting
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- Degree or equivalent
- Current professional registration with HPC as a speech therapist and responsibility for maintaining this registration
- Understanding of clinical governance framework and implications for practice including audit and research governance.
- In-depth understanding of current NHS/government policy/Public Health/NICE guidelines on organisational change and the ability to adapt these appropriately to local service needs through publication of documents
- Knowledge and appreciation of lone working risks - policy and procedure.
- Treatment of a broad range of conditions relating to clinical speciality
- Demonstrable evidence of improving and developing service and practice
- Evidence of leading and implementing clinical change
- Supervision and/or mentoring of staff/students.
- Ability to communicate highly complex pathologies and diagnostic reasoning to all levels in the medical and non -medical field at the appropriate level.
- Sound knowledge of psycho -social problems and ability to gain patient confidence and co -operation.
- Show initiative, enthusiasm and motivation for excellence and the development of self and others.
- Experience of stakeholder negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Awareness, understanding and competency to operate equipment according to local operating procedures and Medical Device regulations.
- Ability to work flexibly and travel across the LCFT footprint to meet business needs
- Ability to work flexibly across the LCFT footprint to meet business needs and service delivery objectives. e.g. delivery of 7 day working as required
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.