This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an existing enhanced pathway within an established and successful IAPT service. The post holder will be open to working in a team that values interdisciplinary support and advice, and places emphasis on developing good interpersonal relationships. The post holder will provide highly specialist psychological therapy for people, referred to Healthy Minds. They will work with cases presenting with greater complexity/chronicity.
Main duties of the job
To provide and supervise specialist psychological assessments and therapies appropriate to a primary care Intermediate psychological therapy service. To play an active role in supporting the continuing development and use of evidence-based psychological assessments and interventions within the primary care intermediate therapy service including providing specialist advice, consultation, support and training to other staff. To play an active role in supervision of therapists, service developments and governance within the service as required.
Healthy Minds Oldham is part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Programme and offers assessment and treatment for people referred via their GP or through a self referral pathway, with common mental health problems. The service works with adults aged 16 and above, from various cultural backgrounds.The service is made up of a multidisciplinary team, including Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners, Counsellors, Cognitive Behavioural Therapists, Primary Care Mental Health Nurses, Psychologists and Admin staff
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted
Person Specification experince Essential
- Education / Qualifications Doctorate in Clinical/Counselling Psychology and registration with the Health Professions Council or BABCP/BACP /UKCP accredited CBT/therapist with additional training in for example EMDR/DBT/CAT
- Demonstrable experience of delivering highly specialist psychological assessments and interventions within a mental health environment.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary services in mental health
- Previous experience of offering clinical supervision
- Experience of working with step 3 cases with high levels of complexity/chronicity
- Experience of providing clinical supervision to other psychological therapists
- Knowledge of professional issues in psychology and psychological therapies
- Knowledge of the application of clinical governance and risk management policies
- Knowledge of contemporary legislation relevant to the delivery of mental health and psychological services
- Further qualifications and/or training in a range of therapy models/interventions Further training and/or qualifications in the delivery of clinical supervision
- Further training and/or qualifications in the delivery of clinical supervision
- Experience in teaching/training of other qualified mental health staff/nonpsychology staff
- Experience of developing and conducting service related research/audit
- Experience of working within a IAPTS setting
- Completed clinical audits or service evaluations
- Delivering psychological therapy in a group format (e.g. DBT, CBT, Schema Therapy, CFT).
- Knowledge of procedures that maintain and contribute to the improvement of psychological services
- Knowledge of systems theory and organisational change
- Expertise in administration and interpretation of specialist psychological assessment tools
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.