PCN Mental Health Practitioner (Rugeley Area) Full time 37.5 hrs
Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Care Group
Adult and Older Adult Mental Health
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner to work in our developing Primary Care Mental Health Practitioner Team. The role will be based in the some of the surgeries in the Rugeley area.
We welcome applications from staff who have one of the following professional backgrounds; nursing, occupational therapy, or social work, and who are interested in creating a responsive and holistic mental health service within a primary care setting. Applicants must be fully qualified in the appropriate profession and registered with the relevant professional body.
If so we would welcome an application from you.
- Do you have a genuine interest in working with people experiencing mental health difficulties?
- Do you have experience of assessing mental health needs?
- Are you forward thinking, and highly organised?
- Have you got excellent communication skills and work well with others?
The role will involve:
- Assessing people’s mental health needs within a primary care setting.
- The delivery of brief, short term and low intensity psychological interventions for people with common mental health needs.
- Mental Health promotion involving the development of effective relationships between primary care and local communities and other services in the voluntary and statutory sector.
- Provision of support and advice to GPs and other primary care providers.
- Bridging the gap between primary care and other provider services to ensure fast and effective response times for those accessing services.
Significantly more investment in Voluntary, Non-statutory services is being made as part of our transformation work, to help support you in helping your patients access the services they need.
To drive this programme forward we need qualified mental health professionals who have the passion, enthusiasm and skills to be part of this exciting, new way of providing community mental healthcare.
For more information about these roles please contact: Ian Saberton (Operational Manager for Primary Care Mental Health) firstname.lastname@example.org
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.