This is a new role working in the Care Home Wellbeing Service for Care Homes across Durham and Darlington supporting care staff and residents.
The team has been made up of psychologist/assistant psychologist to date but we have recognised the need for an occupational therapist to contribute to work of this team.
This is a demanding and rewarding role, the work will be fast paced and diverse and will require flexibility and innovation. This is a new role within the team and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to be part of a developing and innovative service.
Applicants must ensure that prior to applying they have agreement from their current line manager that they can be released on a secondment basis.
In the event that permanent funding is secured for this post the successful applicant will be confirmed in post on a permanent basis.
Main duties of the job
- Contribute to planning and delivering whole home support projects aimed at increasing staff and resident participation in meaningful engagement
- Contribute to resident wellbeing interventions - playlist for life; non-pharmacological interventions; Namaste; sensory biography work
- Contribute to staff support and guidance with regards meaningful engagement with residents
The Care Home wellbeing team is part of the MHSOP Durham and Darlington Care Home Hub and this role will work closely with the staff in this hub and also with the 5 MHSOP Care Home Liaison teams across Durham and Darlington
The Care Home Wellbeing service has been commissioned to support recovery from the Covid Pandemic of staff and patients in Care Homes across Durham and Darlington in 2020. This service has been recognised locally and nationally as providing an innovative approach to supporting the care home sector to respond to the challenges of the covid pandemic.
We have been successful in receiving continued funding for this service until end March 2023.
Job description Job responsibilities
Provide Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions for care home staff individually or in groups
Provide occupational therapy assessment and interventions for care home residents individual or in groups
work with the Care Home wellbeing team to plan and deliver whole home support projects aimed at increasing staff and resident participation in meaningful engagement
Collaborate with Care Home Liaison Hub and Care Home Liaison Teams to identify staff, residents and teams who would benefit from wellbeing interventions and feedback progress.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Significant experience of delivering Occupational Therapy including experience working with service users in mental health or learning disabilities with complex need
- Significant knowledge of evidence based practice in designated specialist area
- Work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.