Come and work in beautiful Swansea Bay, with fabulous coastline, outdoor pursuits, and mountain walking all within easy travelling distance.
It is a really exciting time for Swansea Bay physiotherapy services as we have secured investment to expand our team to work within the new acute hub at Morriston Hospital as part of the Acute Medical Service Re-design occurring within SBU. This investment has highlighted the importance and value of physiotherapy in early intervention and promotes a strong MDT approach in patient care. Come and join our forward thinking physiotherapy team.
SBU values staff development and many of our senior team are educated to Masters level, or above, affording fantastic opportunities for CPD.
We have long established links with both Cardiff University, for undergrad and post- graduate physiotherapy education, including the provision of student placements. More recently, we have had opportunities to develop new relationships with the School of Health Science, and School of Medicine at Swansea University, both in terms of accessing post-grad courses, supporting research projects, and providing teaching and education to medical students.
Main duties of the job
The newly modelled Acute Hub at Morriston Hospital will provide triage, assessment and intervention by the MDT to acute medical admissions, with a strong ethos of early discharge planning/facilitation to the most appropriate onward setting. The successful post-holder will be expected to work flexibly within the core service working hours of 8am-6pm. The successful post-holder will be part of the wider medical & frailty physiotherapy team in SBU and will be expected to work flexibly across the service area and participate in service developments such as 7-day working and the on-call respiratory rota.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
We believe staff are our best asset and we want you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse or doctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - we have a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placements and volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex; religion or belief; race; age; sexual orientation; gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show that our commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery, with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
If you require additional information that is not provided by the job description or person specification, please do not hesitate to contact.
Person Specification Skills & Experience Essential
- Experience of working in a physiotherapy department
- Broad range of experience as a band 5 physiotherapist in a rotational post
- Experience of working as part of a physiotherapy team and/or multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to keep accurate and legible patient notes
- Demonstrates respiratory physiotherapy competence and able to participate in the on-call respiratory rota.
- Experience in critical care
- Supervision of other staff e.g. assistants /technical instructors
- Experience of working with frail, older adults.
- Experience of complex discharge planning.
- HCPC Registration
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of comprehensive & advanced CPD maintained in a portfolio
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Membership of relevant special interest groups
- Involvement in CSP Special Clinical Interest Group or examples of evidence to prove clinical interest/development appropriate to the band 6 role
- An understanding of Student or Physiotherapy assistant supervision
- Contributing to clinical education of less experienced staff or students or assistants
- Involvement in audit, research and understanding quality issues
- Evidence of remaining up to date with professional practice and new research
- Understand the legal responsibilities of the profession
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for services including experience of quality issues and audit
- IT skills
- Knowledge of the workings of community physiotherapy services
- Reliable, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Upholds values of SBU
Aptitude & Abilities Essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and effectively delegate
- Ability to comprehend and work within the Health Board policies of data protection, equal opportunities and health and safety and meet the differing needs of the patients
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel between SBU Health Board sites and community locations to support service delivery.
- Problem solving/analytical ability
- Conflict resolution skills and team building skills
- Able to travel between health board sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.