Come and join our Psychiatric Intensive Care Team as a Band 6 Occupational Therapist working at Hafan y Coed, University Hospital Llandough. Responsibilities include providing occupational therapy to service users with mental illness and complex needs . Supervision of staff and students and developing the service and your personal /clinical skills.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the Occupational Therapy team in University Hospital Llandough.
Main duties of the job
Cardiff and Vale UHB is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the occupational therapy team that supports the psychiatric intensive care unit. The post is full time. The strong occupational therapy team is an integral part of the multidisciplinary team supporting the recovery of people with Severe and enduring mental health problems. The service is committed to excellence in occupationally focused practice underpinned by the Model of Human Occupation (MOHO).
Supervision and opportunities for continuing professional development are well established and we actively support the education of students within our service
We are seeking an individual who shares our core values in that:
- We care about the people we serve and the people we work with
- We trust one another
- We respect each other
- We take personal responsibility
- We treat people with kindness
- We act with integrity
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
About us Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission isCaring for People, Keeping People Well,
and ourvision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiffand the Vale offers the best of both worlds.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy at degree level or equivalent
- Holds professional registrations awarded by the HCPC
- Evidence of recent learning and continued professional development
- Practice Educator training
- Has considerable experience that includes experience in at least 2 discreet areas
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Experience of interprofessional and multi agency team working
- Direct involvement with carers and families
- Evidence of sound clinical reasoning and problem solving
- Evidence of supporting and supervising others
- Evidence of knowledge of current healthcare policies and application
- Evidence of audit and research methodology
- Evidence of IT competence
Special Knowledge Essential
- Evidence of knowledge of services that link across primary /secondary carer interface
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety at Work Act
- Knowledge of Mental Health services including Third Sector
- Member of a special interest group.
Personal Qualities Essential
- Adaptive skills demonstrating creativity
- Professional behaviour reflecting the C&V values
- Ability to travel to meet the demands of the post.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.