North Mersey CMHT are are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic social worker, nurse or occupational therapist to join our busy Integrated Community Mental Health Team! We are based in the Withington area, covering Didsbury, Fallow field, Withington and Burnage
We will work to ensure staff are supported to maintain an effective work-life balance and will seek to support flexible working wherever this is possible.
As the successful post-holder you will manage a caseload of service users with complex health and social care needs, following a recovery focused model.
You will be supported by the multidisciplinary leadership team in your day to day practice and personal development.
The post will involve working as part of the 7 Day working rota.
We promote personal development through local training or the range of CPD activities offered within the trust and local HEIs.
Main duties of the job
Maintain and co-ordinate timely and appropriate interventions through mental health assessment, for a caseload of service users of any age living in the community within the framework of CPA.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users
Job description Job responsibilities
Maintain and co-ordinate timely and appropriate interventions through mental health assessment, for a caseload of service users of any age living in the community within the framework of CPA
- Management of safeguarding concerns in line with statutory duties including Section 42 enquiries
- Undertake initial assessments and triage referrals, as part of the CMHT duty system on a rotational basis
- Participate in the 7 Day working rota - working weekends and bank holidays
- Communicate effectively with all members of the MDT and wider system, including GP, police, non statutory services, as necessary
- Maintain personal CPD and mandatory training
- Complete tribunal reports as necessary
- Undertake Mental Capacity Act assessments and Best Interest Decision Making where appropriate
Please see attached job description and person specification
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RMN/Social work/OT registration
- Working with serious mental health problems
- Developing and delivery of care in line with a care plan
- Clinical risk assessment and management planning
- Identification and management of safeguarding
- Community based practice
- MDT working
- Delivering interventions (e.g. dual diagnosis, psychological)
- Mental health problems and their manifestation
- Clinical risk assessment and management
- Needs assessment
- Mental health act and Mental capacity act
- What the Care Act is
- Safeguarding policy and procedures
- CPA framework and application
- Clinical interventions
- Function of the CMHT
- Dual diagnosis and impact on mental health
- Interventions designed to promote recovery
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.