Based at The Mount, Accrington. Hours of operation are 08.30 to 03.00 day and twilight shift
The purpose of the Street Triage Team will be to provide an effective and timely intervention by police and appropriately skilled mental health professionals for individuals suffering from mental ill health creating an appropriate pathway avoiding unnecessary escalation to a crisis situation and/or attendance at the A&E department providing effective care for patients and additional cost saving for these services.
Main duties of the job
To act as a key member of the multi- agency team ensuring the effective first line telephone assessment and triage of service users with suspected mental illness or vulnerability who would likely present to A&E departments or other places of safety.
Improve the response to individuals and their immediate families
Improve the outcomes for individuals who come into contact with the police through early intervention, referral to mental health services, and by providing a more coordinated approach
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse or Allied Health Professional Qualification
- Degree/Diploma in Health/Care/Criminal area of work
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- Specialist knowledge in police practices and procedures
- Specialist knowledge in Criminal Justice environment with experience of legislation and policies
- Understanding of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge and practice of Mental Health Act 1983
- Demonstrate understanding of how research has influenced practice
- Can provide evidence of recent professional/personal development
- Can demonstrate the ability
- Several years post graduate experience
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary/ multi agency team
- Experience of assessing, planning and implementing and reviewing care needs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.