We are excited to offer an opportunity to join our
Speech and Language Therapy Team, primarily supporting children with Education Health and Care Plans in primary and secondary mainstream schools with possible additional sessions in special schools for children and young people with complex needs and within the Early Years service dependent on the interest of the candidate. We are advertising for a Band 6 Therapist but a band 7 position would be considered depending on the experience and skills of the applicant. We would accept applications to band 5 as well as 6 or 7 for this position.
Main duties of the job
You will work closely with Education staff , parents and children to carry out assessments, make recommendation about the level of Speech and Language support children will require, implement programmes of support as outlined within Education Health and care plans within Mainstream schools.
We are committed to hearing the voice of the child when working with children and young people (CYP) and actively involve CYP in target setting and evaluation.
The additional components of your role will be either in special schools or within the Early Years team nd we will endeavour to build the post around your career interests.
About us We can offer you:
- Access to Clinical lead expert Therapists in the areas of: Developmental Language Disorder, Autism, SEMH, Deafness and Complex needs who can offer individualised support and training to support your further development
- A commitment to your continued professional development. Within the last year the team has had the following training: SCERTS, Approaches to AAC, Attention Autism Levels 1-4, classroom strategies in DLD with on-going opportunities to receive accredited training in Talking Mats
- A dynamic, innovative supportive and friendly team with staff turnover figures half the national average figure
- Staff reporting high levels of job satisfaction
- A strong ethos of collaborative working and user consultation
- A commitment to hearing the 'voice of the child' and using this information to inform target setting.
- A buddy system where you will be paired with a member of the team for informal guidance and support in addition to a supervision package adjusted to your needs.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the Job description and person specification that is attached to this job role for a a detailed description of the roles and responsibilities.
In addition if you would like to discuss any further aspect of the role please contact email@example.com to arrange a time to discuss.
Person Specification EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Recognised speech and language therapy degree or equivalent.
- Attendance at post graduate training courses appropriate to area applied for.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Experience of working as a Speech and Language Therapist or Speech and Language Therapy student in an Education setting with children who have speech language and communication needs at Primary school level.
- A knowledge of SEN and national documents providing support and guidance to schools on supporting children with SEN.
PERSONAL QUALITIES Essential
- Demonstrates empathy with clients, carers and families often where barriers to understanding exist ensuring that effective communication is achieved to persuade and motivate participation in therapeutic activities.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Essential
- Able to make own effective travel arrangements.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Essential
- Demonstrates the importance of gaining CYP's view of their strengths and needs and supporting them to be active in the goal setting process.
- Able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload. Demonstrates ability to generate appropriate strategies for caseload management .
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.