Pennine Lancashire is seeking an Out of Area Flow Practitioner to join the Bed management and patient flow service Pendleview unit, Royal Blackburn Hospital. This is an exciting opportunity and the successful candidate will be part of an evolving service.
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced practitioner to be part of an expanding Bed Management and Flow Service, to provide confident experienced clinical input to the Out of Placements (OAP's), service users currently admitted to inpatient services outside of Lancashire and South Cumbria locality bed.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse,
- oOccupational Therapist
- oSocial Worker
- oEvidence of post qualification/experience in mental health acute care;
- oSeveral years' experience working as a qualified practitioner within mental health setting
- oPost registration experience in a mental health setting (one year of which will be in relevant specialist area)
- o Familiarity of audit processes
Skills and Abilities Essential
- oProfessional attitude.
- oProvide clinical excellence in all areas of care delivery.
- oCommunication/organisational skills
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- oHave an understanding of least restrictive practice.
- oCommitment to working within mental health services for adults of all ages with compassion and empathy.
- oConsistent and reliable attendance.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.