We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Psychological Therapist (Band 7) to join our EMERGE Leeds: Complex Emotional Needs Service.
A key focus of the role will be in facilitating the Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills Group program that has been long established for people over 18 years of age. Existing DBT training and experience is desirable, however appropriate training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The post holder will also be involved in the wider work of EMERGE Leeds. In particular, the service works in partnership with community and third sector services in Leeds, to enhance the offer of care to 18-25 year olds who, often as a consequence of trauma, adversity, and the misuse of power, have developed ways of coping and surviving that can cause them harm and distress.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a psychological therapist who is creative, flexible and able to engage effectively with the challenging interpersonal dynamics inherent in the work. There will be opportunities for service development, direct and indirect work with service users, teams and systems. You will be an individual who can embrace new ways of working, and understand the impact of power and trauma on service users lives.
The post holder will have values and principles that are aligned with the organisation, including a compassionate, and person-centered focus.
EMERGE Leeds is part of the Leeds Personality Disorder Services, which actively maintains a reflective, supportive learning culture.We have an office base in Leeds, and as part of a hybrid model, staff members are currently working both face to face and remotely. You will be required to travel by car within Leeds on a regular basis.
To apply you will need to be registered as a healthcare practitioner (registered nurse, psychologist, social worker etc.) with relevant qualifications and experience as a psychological therapist. Applications from trainee clinical psychologists will also be welcomed.
We would encourage potential applicants to contact us for an informal chat to find out more. Please contact either Dr Ranil Tan (Consultant Clinical Psychologist, 07976 725461) or Dr Raj Dhanjal (Senior Clinical Psychologist, 07977327241).
We are a high quality, high performing NHS foundation trust. We are the main provider of specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York as well as some highly specialised services across the country.We employ around 3,000 staff and every year we have contact with over 25,000 service users. Our vision is to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice. Our ambition is to support our service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives. We need people like you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health. We perform well againstlocal and national targetsand inour most recent CQC inspection, 85% of our services were rated good or outstanding.As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide specialist psychological input into the EMERGE Leeds: Complex Emotional Needs Service, including the City Wide Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) Team.
- To work autonomously and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- To provide highly quality psychological assessment, formulation and therapy.
- To offer advice on service users psychological care toclinical colleagues and other relevant agencies, working within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the services/Trusts policies and procedures.
- To utilise research skills for audit, service evaluation and research within the service area.
- To provide a key role in psychological aspects of service development in service areas of primary responsibility.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctorate Level Training in Counselling or Clinical Psychology (or M.Sc if qualified prior to 1994).
- HCPC registration. For CBT Therapists/ Psychotherapists: 1. At least Post Grad Diploma level qualification with experience/Equivalent to Masters Level in Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy/ Psychotherapy
- Experience of providing range of interventions across care settings
- Experience of Multi-disciplinary working
- Some experience of taking a psychological lead in MDTs (e.g. formulations)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.