West London NHS Trust, Men's Medium Secure Services are looking for Band 5 Staff Nurse (RMN, PNLD, RGN). We are looking for passionate individuals who want to gain and develop their knowledge to progress their careers.
We are passionate about the care that we provide to our service users and are looking for dedicated professionals to support the life changing work that we do in the Men's Medium Secure wards. It is an exciting time to be a part of the Forensic Service as we continued to maintain and build up on our national ratings and performance.
We recognised that Development and Training is key to staff retention, we will support you in every step of your career progression through specially designed courses that meet the needs of our dedicated staff members. You will support through your Preceptee Programme and at the end of the first year working in our service, you will be able to access a fully funded degree programme with our university partners. This is an opportunity to work in a highly specialised environment that will enrich your professional career.
Main duties of the job
We are actively recruiting for Staff Nurse with preferable experience in Forensic Services but not essential; we are looking for passion, commitment and the drive with a focus on delivering a world class patient care. We invite you to come and be a part of this revolution. There is also an opportunity for you to visit the Men's Medium Secure service, which we are very proud of.
On receipt of your application for this exceptional place of work, you will be invited to participate in our assessment centre followed by interviews on the same day.
As an employee of West London Mental NHS Trust, you have a responsibility to maintain a sound understanding of, and a commitment to uphold the National Health Service values and principles set out in the NHS Constitution.
We reserve the right to close adverts prior to the closing date stated should we receive a high volume of applications.
We will be requesting references. Please ensure you include email addresses for your referees which MUST be at supervisory or managerial capacity covering the last 3 years of employment to date to avoid delay in the recruitment process.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability and experience of mental illness.
West London NHS Trust is committed to safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.
Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role, unless an exemption applies. The successful applicant may have contact with vulnerable service users and we will therefore seek proof of being fully vaccinated during the recruitment process.
Job description Job responsibilities Overview of Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop and maintain communication with individuals and/or groups of patients, carers and staff, about difficult matters and/or in difficult situations.
- To develop own knowledge and skills and contribute to the development of others.
- To promote, monitor and maintain best health, safety and security of self and others in work area.
- To contribute to the improvement of the service.
- To contribute to improving quality
- To support peoples equality, diversity and rights.
- To contribute to promoting health and wellbeing an preventing adverse effects on health and wellbeing.
- To assess health and wellbeing needs and develop, monitor and review care plans to meet specific needs.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate care to meet peoples health and wellbeing needs.
- To transport people and/or items.
- To input, store and provide data and information.
- To monitor expenditure.
- To supervise peoples work
Please refer to the JD and PS attached to this post to review the Detailed job description and main responsibilities in full.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered on the NMC register, parts RN3, RNMH and RN4
- Diploma in Mental Health nursing
- Willing to participate in Preceptorship programme
- Willing to undertake accredited courses in mental health practice leading to degree level.
- Degree in Health Care related subject
- Experience of working as a student in a health care setting
- An understanding of using essential processes that apply to the specific dimensions of the KSF outline.
- To understand the requirements of the NMC Code of Practice
- Previous experience of working in a care environment
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Demonstration of a developing knowledge and skill base of psychiatric nursing care
- Ability to develop and maintain communication with people about difficult matters and/or in difficult situations.
- Ability to develop own skills and knowledge and provide information to others to help their development
- Ability to promote, monitor and maintain best practice in health safety and security of others
- Ability to contribute to improvement of services
- Ability to contribute to improving quality
- Ability to support equality and value diversity
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.