An exciting opportunity has arisen due to the trust transformation plan to build seamless pathways of care for people with personality disorders that are rooted in the community. The transformation plan aims to offer patients an integrated care plan by a multiagency network benefitting from a full range of resources in their local community.
In order to continue to develop this model, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Psychological Therapist, Psychologist, or Social Worker to join our team. We are looking for candidates who have the skill and experience to work as a senior clinician in the Personality Disorder Stream within the Haringey Personality Disorder Pathway and a designated Primary Care Network (PCN). The successful applicant will be interested in working with patients with a diagnosis of Personality Disorder and have excellent interpersonal skills, especially enjoying working in teams and building relationships with key stakeholders.
Main duties of the job
Build a therapeutic relationship with clients using a person-centred recovery approach and provide psychologically informed interventions.
Working with colleagues in the Primary Care Networks to support clients with an actual or suspected diagnosis of personalist disorder, emerging Personality Disorder or Complex Emotional Need
Assist service users to map their well-being and recovery by using a variety of tools, such as a Dialog Plus, Wellbeing Recovery Action Plan, Recovery Star, or BEH My Wellbeing Plans.
Support clients to access local community resources and statutory services.
To be the named key-worker for a number of clients
To facilitate group work and other clinical work as required.
BEHMHT is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional, and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million. The Haringey Personality Disorder Pathway was the birthplace of mentalisation based therapy and is a well-established, experienced and supportive team.
Job description Job responsibilities
For a detailed overview of the job please see the Job Description in Person Specification.
Or contact Catherine Sunderland if you have any questions. Contact information is at the bottom of the ad.
Person Specification Education & Qualifcations Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Occupational Therapist or Registered Social Worker Basic training in Structured Clinical Management Or Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
- Recognised training in teaching/mentorship/ supervision
- Mentalization-Based Treatment (MBT) Basic Course accredited training
- Evidence of other further post-registration education and training
Experience & Knowledge Essential
- Demonstrable experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for patients' psychological care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified care coordinator and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan and under supervision
- Working with patients with severe and complex mental health problems
- Demonstrable experience at Band 6 or equivalent.
- Experience of facilitating groups e.g. psycho-education; health promotion; emotional regulation
- Experience of delivering training to different disciplines and professions.
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts
- Experience of teaching, training and mentoring
Skills & Abilites Essential
- Ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2005, Mental Capacity Act, 2005, Care Act 2014, and 1989 Children Act.
- Training and advanced skills in a specialised approach such as psycho-social interventions, dual diagnosis, personality disorder.
- Knowledge of the process necessary for effective risk assessment and management
- Ability to demonstrate a creative and flexible approach to staff managing and in delivering a high standard of care.
- Ability to undertake evidence based interventions with people suffering from a range of mental health problems
- Ability to implement clinical and line management supervision
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of a number of specialised psychological therapies, including psychoanalysis, cognitive behavioural therapy, and group analytic psychotherapy
Persoanl qualities Essential
- To be able to tolerate and have an interest in thinking about team dynamics
- Demonstrating a positive can do attitude and a positive attitude to change
- Having a strong interest in working in the field of personality disorder
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.