Are you looking for a full-time, rotational Band 6 post with an opportunity to continue to develop your clinical and leadership skills? Then come and join one of the most varied Band 6 rotations in South Wales!!
The rotational posts offer you the opportunity to continue to develop your skills in a range of in-patient, community settings and integrated teams and the introduction of our new Band 6 Development Framework will give you the leadership and management skills to progress in your career.
Clinically the rotation spans across the Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB and offers experience throughout the whole patient pathway including acute medicine, rehabilitation, acute stroke, stroke rehabilitation, stroke early supported discharge, mental health, reablement, @Home Services, Frailty Service and our community equipment service.The successful candidate will work closely with the MDT, Principal OT, Discharge Liaison Team and Local Authorities to ensure effective cross boundary and agency working.
Main duties of the job
To provide specialist Occupational Therapy assessment, intervention and rehabilitation to patients to ensure improved functional recovery, prompt discharge and to enable the person to remain in their home.
You will provide supervision and support to junior members of the team and student Occupational Therapists and have a passion for delivering evidence based, quality intervention using research, audit and quality improvement projects. The post holder will be flexible to service needs, possess excellent self management skills and administer their caseload efficiently to ensure effective intervention focused on preventing avoidable admissions, rehabilitation and efficient discharge planning, depending on setting.
We are looking for a candidate that is motivated, enthusiastic with exceptional communication and people skills.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one tea
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Degree / diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Registered member of HCPC
- Post graduate training in relevent area
- Postgraduate clinical experience in area of physical medicine
- Experience of service delivery in a variety of clinical physical health settings
- Experience of research and audit
- Experience of Supervision
- Awareness of current professional issues
- Ability to use reflective practice
- Ability to work well under pressure within wider Multi / interdisciplinary team
- Presentation skills
- Autonomous practitioner with excellent personal organisational skills
- Clinical reasoning skills
- Evidence of delivering competency based learning
- Knowledge of broad range of medical surgical orthopaedic conditions2
- Knowledge of factors that can influence discharge
- Detailed knowledge of professional ethics / standards
- Knowledge of graded therapeutic interventions
- Knowledge of standardised / non standardised assessments
- Knowledge of national drivers for health provision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.