An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse/Specialist Occupational Therapist or Social Worker at the West Assessment & Treatment Service (ATS), based at Mill View Hospital. We are a friendly and welcoming multi-disciplinary team, which works with a range of different mental health issues. Based in the culturally diverse and creative city of Brighton and Hove.
Main duties of the job
This is a newly developed role within the West Assessment & Treatment Service - As the Duty Practitioner you will be responsible for responding to duty calls/requests Monday to Friday 9 - 5pm, putting in place appropriate actions to address identified risks. You will develop strong links with relevant agencies/carers to ensure that an integrated programme of care is provided throughout. You will have a role in implementing and/or participating in crisis intervention measures with the client/family or in conjunction with other agencies.
You will not be responsible for holding a caseload within the remits of this role, but will have the opportunity to support service users at the front door by offering specialist assessment at point of referral. You will be supported by senior members of the multi-disciplinary team in formulation and decision making. The service is looking to appoint somebody who is highly motivated, enthusiastic, creative and resourceful, and who has a passion for working with people.
About us Career development
While previous experience of working in the community is desirable, a full training package and an induction to meet your needs will be available. Sussex Partnership believes learning can help make our services safer, more effective and more compassionate.
This is an exciting and diverse role working with a whole range of different mental health presentations. Consider West ATS as place to embed your learning, broaden your skills and develop your career! Wellbeing
You will be part of a team who value staff wellbeing and moral with regular opportunities for coming together in informal ways e.g through monthly tea and cake breaks, pizza days, as well as more structured but fun based team away days which are held twice per year.
The service operates Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm. The role will involve working from the team base, and across Brighton & Hove as required, with some flexibility around home working, dependent on the needs of the service. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a beneficial impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working - If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
This post offers The Trust's Golden Hello for Band 6 Nurses/OT's or Social Workers, or a relocation package up to a maximum of £2000 (subject to terms and conditions).
Job description Job responsibilities We encourage flexible working
. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/ finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Please see the attached Job Description document for full details of the role and responsibilities.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental health Nurse Occupational Therapist or Social worker with current registration
- Completion of Mentorship Course
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Significant post qualifying experience in the relevant care group
- Experience of working alongside people with complex health problems in the designated care group
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of providing a range of clinical interventions to people in the designated care group with a variety of health problems
- Experience of working consultatively with professionals
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Understanding of clinical governance
- Previous experience of working in the community
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.