East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) is embarking on a very exciting journey to develop our specialist Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). In 2021, NHS England confirmed additional funding to develop an interim acute mental health inpatient unit for Children and Young People in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes.
The development of the new service is being done in conjunction with children, parents and carers who have experience of in-patient admission. Young people are helping us plan the ethos of the unit, recruit the staff and think about how we can deliver the best care. Were really proud of the leadership provided by young people to improve mental health services. If you come and join us you will have a unique opportunity to truly collaborate to improve outcomes.
Main duties of the job
The space will provide specialist, short-term care for children and young people aged 13-17 with severe or complex mental health difficulties. You will be working alongside a diverse multi-disciplinary team that reflects the population that we serve. Our vision is to make a positive difference in young peoples lives by providing the highest quality mental health service to our local communities, to help them overcome some of life's challenges.
ELFT is working in partnership with Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL), which provides mental health services in Milton Keynes. Work is currently underway to identify a suitable location for the interim unit and we are now looking to recruit into our establishment. This post will be based in Bedfordshire/Luton although there will be flexibility at the beginning for some work from home, whilst this is being set up. This set-up period will involve working on the development of the new team, proactively reviewing the care of young people placed in inpatient units and working with our community teams to enhance intensive packages of care as alternatives to admission.
In the long term, a dedicated and permanent CAMHS unit will be developed in the proposed new build that the trust is developing in Bedford. This post is substantive, as staff recruited into this role will have the opportunity to transition into the permanent unit.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the job description for more information on this particular role.
For further information, please contact:
Jenny Sookraj, Service Manager
Or Dr Rafik Refaat, Deputy Clinical Director, ELFT Inpatient-CAMHS
Person Specification Education Essential
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych parts 1&2 or equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion on the specialist register or higher trainee within 6 months of CCT
- Section 12 approved and Approved Clinician status or willing to apply for approval
- Higher training in a specific psychotherapeutic treatment or modality eg. Family Therapy, CBT, individual or group psychotherapy
- Experience of managing CYP with eating disorders in acute or community settings
- Experience of teaching in small groups and lecturing
- Commitment to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, academic and clinical
- Familiarity with problem based learning approaches
- Enthusiastic and organised approach to audit and quality assurance
- Training in management skills
- Experience of management of a clinical area
- Experience of service development
- Experience in a research project
- Publication accepted by peer review journals in a relevant academic field
- Meets professional health requirements
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.