Within this role you will be required to offer clinical leadership support to team members and the team manager, participate in service development, and review/prescribe medication to Children and Young People.
Preferably an experienced Clinician to work alongside the current leadership team in developing future clinical work and ways of working, offering on going prescribing support, and monitoring the safe and effective use of medication.
Applicants must ensure that prior to applying they have agreement from their current line manager that they can be released on a secondment basis.
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist with a Non-Medical Prescriber qualification (V300).
The position would be with North Durham CAMHS, Derwentside Child and Family Centre. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your leadership skills then this could be the job for you.
The job is well supported by many other CNS's within the team all having responsibility for certain aspects of the overall care provided by this CAMHS Service.
We are looking for someone with high motivation and a keen interest in continuing the improvement of our young people's care and treatment.
The service is currently going through transformation this is an exciting time to join the Trust and be apart of the modelling of this transformation.
Within North Durham CAMHS we are proactive in developing and piloting new ways of working taking in consideration the voices of our Service Users and their Families to develop better ways of working.
Job description Job responsibilities
Safe and effective prescribing of medication.
Monitoring and reviewing Children and Young People.
Care Coordination of Children and Young Peoples needs
Clinical Leadership support within the team
Recognising safeguarding concerns and effectively communicating with alternative agencies to escalate this appropriately.
Attendance at Safeguarding meetings, and core group meetings.
Monitoring and reviewing risk management, participating in the formulation of safety planning.
Offering clinical supervision, and caseload management.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Registered Nurse on the Nursing and Midwifery Council Register.
- Degree in Child and Adolescent Mental Health or equivalent.
- Qualified as a Non Medical Prescriber, or willing to complete the training and qualify within 18 months of being appointed
- MSC in CAMHS or specific therapeutic treatment modality e.g. systemic practice, cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Educated to ECDL level or willingness to undertake qualification within an agreed timescale.
- Extensive knowledge of normal child and adolescent development, child and adolescent mental health disorders and knowledge of specialist therapeutic interventions within the CAMHS speciality and Child Protection Procedure/Policy.
- Excellent verbal written and communication skills which are clearly demonstrated.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Psychological intervention/counselling.
- Relevant experience within the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service speciality at Tiers 3/4 working as a minimum of Band 6.
- Clinical supervisory experience and willingness to provide clinical supervision.
- Sound management/supervision and organisational experience.
- Experience of Neurodevelopmental specialism, including ADHD / ASC
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.