We are seeking a highly motivated and committed individual to join our team. The role involves holding a caseload of children and young people with moderate / severe Learning Disabilities.
To offer assessment and interventions for children experiencing, mental health problems, and /or challenging behaviour , including sleep difficulties. We adopt a PBS (positive behaviour support) approach throughout our work.
Gloucestershire's Child & Adolescence Mental Health services (CAMHS) provides high quality specialist Mental Health and Learning Disability Services to children and young people. Based in Cheltenham we offer a countywide service. Driving is an essential part of this role.
Main duties of the job
The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff who, through the application of their skills, qualification and experience, will make a positive contribution to our business of providing quality health care services. It is the Trust's view that the costs associated with moving house in order to take up a post with us should not restrict our ability to recruit the excellent people we need; therefore, we support staff to relocate with our relocation policy.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document 'Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice' prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust are proud to have been recognised as a 'Veteran Aware Trust', evidencing the provision of the best care for Veterans and driving to improve the care for veterans and their families. Find out more about this by clicking on the link at the right-hand side, titled 'Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance'.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please find the link containing Job Description and Person Specification.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oDemonstrable experience of providing clinical interventions within CAMHS or related services and/or adult mental health settings.
- For LD posts, demonstrate experience with working with children and young people with complex learning disability needs. oExperience of clinical case management/care coordination (including clinical risk assessment & management) within a mental health or learning disability setting. oExperience of multi-agency collaborative working and joint care planning, oExperience of providing personalised care planning to meet mental health or learning disabilities needs oExperience of delivering profession-based interventions within a clinical/therapeutic setting
- oExperience of delivering evidence based/best practice therapeutic interventions relevant to CAMHS oExperience of undertaking Self Harm assessments in children and young people oExperience of identifying/escalating safeguarding concerns regarding children and young people
- Experience of undertaking Self Harm assessments in children and young people oExperience of identifying/escalating safeguarding concerns regarding children and young people
- For LD posts, demonstrate experience with working with children and young people with complex learning disability needs. o Experience of clinical case management/care coordination (including clinical risk assessment & management) within a mental health or learning disability setting. o Experience of multi-agency collaborative working and joint care planning, o Experience of providing personalised care planning to meet mental health or learning disabilities needs o Experience of delivering profession-based interventions within a clinical/therapeutic setting
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.