The Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team in Crawley, West Sussex, are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and skilled Band 6 Occupational Therapistto join their team.
This exciting opportunity will offer you the opportunity develop and grow in their chosen career and in return you will be part of a dynamic team receiving ongoing support and supervision and the ability to work alongside a skilled Multi-disciplinary team.
Urgent Care operates every day of the year, so you will be required to undertake a flexible approach to working hours. The ability to travel is essential to this role.
Main duties of the job
We are a highly clinically skilled team who provide dynamic and comprehensive assessment, treatment and care to people in mental health crisis in their homes as an alternative to hospital admission.
This is a very exciting opportunity to gain experience of Urgent and Crisis care. The job is varied and challenging; it offers the chance to work with people with a variety of mental health issues, and to develop assessment skills. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with your colleagues to provide safe and effective treatment. You will need to demonstrate the ability to be creative and flexible, have excellent interpersonal skills.
You will be able to provide your occupational perspective in your treatment and MDT working. For example this might involve using sensory strategies to support distress management and self-soothing or environmental adaptations such as prescribing equipment where needed (training provided).
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
We're a large NHS Mental Health Trust in South East England. We're looking for people to help us provide high quality services for the patients, carers and local communities we serve.
We want patients and staff to recommend our organisation as a place where they would be happy for their friends and family to be treated. You can help us do this by bringing your skills, experience and commitment to Sussex Partnership. We encourage flexible working
. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/ finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Job description Job responsibilities
To provide occupational therapy interventions for referred clients using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
To promote and develop the role of Occupational Therapy within the clinical area.AHP training and Development opportunities
This is an excellent time for Occupational Therapists to be joining Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as we have just launched our first AHP Strategy
- Regular Professional supervision
- Access to a wide range of Training and CPD opportunities including;
- A programme of AHP specific training
- Quarterly Occupational Therapy CPD Hubs
- Communities of Practice (AMPS, Recovery Through Activity and Sensory Strategies)
- The opportunity to participate in a range QI work and service innovations
- Varied leadership development opportunities
Look at our AHP strategy and view our film at https://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/AHP
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Degree/Diploma in occupational therapy
- Registration with the HPC as an occupational therapist
- Experience as a qualified occupational therapist in mental health
- Broad experience of working with clients with a range of mental health problems
- Evidence of post graduate level study/training
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- oExperience in applying a range of assessment tools and a comprehensive knowledge of occupational therapy clinical approaches used in mental health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.