An exciting opportunity has become available for a Clinical Lead Nurse to support, Lustrum Vale Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit. Lustrum Vale is a 20 bedded unit which offers specialist recovery based interventions to support the transition of patients into the community or prevent patients from being admitted to a Mental Health Acute Hospital setting.
Main duties of the job
If successful, y ou will join a skilled multi-disciplianry team and will work closely with the clinical leadership team to ensure that excellent services are delivered to our patients and staff are developed to reach their potential. You will also be required to lead by example and demonstrate compassionate care and excellent leadership skills. You will provide supervision to staff and work closely with patients, their families and carers to ensure interventions delivered by the team are individualized, patient centred and recovery focused.
We are seeking a confident individual who is keen to contribute to the delivery of high quality nursing care and service development. You should have a strong interest and substantial experience of working with complex patients who may present with behaviours that challenge. You should have a high level of resilience and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to demonstrate a warm, patient centred approach to care.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills and engage in multi-disciplinary team working.
We are geographically one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the country with an annual income of £423m and a workforce of over 7,500 staff operating from around 160 sites. Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and learning disability services for the people of County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby, serving a population of around 2 million people. We also provide additional specialist services to other parts of Northern England.
We deliver our services by working in partnership with 8 local authorities and clinical commissioning groups, a wide range of voluntary organisations, as well as service users, their carers and the public. The services are spread over a wide geographical area of around 3,600 square miles, which includes coastal, rural and industrial areas.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information about the post please contact Emma Tully, Ward Manager on 01642 firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Tweddle, Modern Matron on 07828 email@example.com
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health and/or learning disabilities in an inpatient or community environment
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Providing clinical supervision.
- Mentoring students on practice placement experience.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Quality improvement activities
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake care co-ordinator responsibilities if required.
- Provide effective clinical supervision, teaching, training and assessing in clinical practice.
- Write reports
- Use approved techniques in physical intervention
- RNMH/RNLD, current professional registration with NMC.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education.
- Recognised sign-off mentor or willingness to work towards. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.