An exciting opportunity has arisen for 5 new fulltime Band 6 CAMHS practitioner posts in Healthy Young Minds (Stockport CAMHS).
ARE YOU READY NEW CHALLANGE? We are seeking to employ 5 highly motivated and skilled senior practitioners to join and expand our dynamic, friendly multi-disciplinary team and be a part of CAMHS transformation long term plan. Stockport CAMHS is in receipt of new investment and will be in receiving additional investment over the next three years.
Stockport CAMHS tier 3 offers a wide range of specialist mental health assessments and evidence-based interventions including family therapy, CBT, play therapy and psychotherapy for children and young people in Stockport. You will be encouraged to explore your therapeutic interest alongside providing a range of quality generic CAMHS (risk) assessments/interventions. Stockport CAMHS also has close links with a robust and dynamic community service which works at a tier two level within the local borough agencies. The focus of the service is supporting children and young people to receive high quality care in a holistic and person centred way.
Main duties of the job
- To ensure high quality CAMHS assessment of children and families referred to the Tier 3 service.
- To provide or provide access to a range of quality psychotherapeutic interventions in accordance with individual assessed need. This will include the assessment planning implementation and evaluation of a variety of therapeutic approaches either alone or as a member of the MDT.
- To deliver therapeutic input to children and young people referred to the team. ? Work as a co-therapist where appropriate with other members of the MDT.
- To be responsible for and manage a defined caseload and undertake case management responsibilities within the caseload.
- To identify and develop strategies to manage risk to the child and others in line with Pennine care and CAMHS procedures and protocols.
- To liaise closely with a wide range of agencies regarding individual care packages and to promote awareness of child and adolescent mental health issues within these agencies.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
Our ambition is to maximise people's potential and we aim to promote an inclusive environment and improve the diversity of our workforce so our people truly represent the communities we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Undertake liaison and joint work with other professionals outside of the MDT
- To provide consultation and training on a wide range of childrens emotional health and well-being issues to professionals from a range of services including GPs, Early Help and Primacy Care Services, Adult Mental Health Services, Youth Offending Services and Education Services.
- To engage in/deliver managerial and clinical supervision, including with appropriate consent, recording and reviewing of live clinical work.
- Ensure collection of relevant information required by Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- To routinely monitor effectiveness of clinical work by use of Routine Outcome Measures (ROM) and where outcomes are not improving for children and families to engage in clinical review via peer review meetings and supervision.
- To take part in the CAMHS emergency duty rota to provide urgent mental health assessment of children including those admitted following self-harm and in line with Pennine care protocols to both advise other professionals regarding risk and work with them to develop a plan of care for the child. This involves occasional weekend working.
Person Specification Certificates Essential
- Registered Nurse - Mental Health (RMN), or Learning Disability, Registered Sick Children's Nurse, Registered Adult Nurse (General Nursing and Enrolled Nursing is insufficient)
- Professional involvement with the users of mental health services.
- Knowledge of mental health issues in young people
- Experience of relating to young people in a group or community setting
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol issues relating to young people
- oProfessional involvement with the users of mental health services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.