Now is a great time to work in the NHS and with such a focus on the importance of mental health, Mental Health Nurses (RMN)
are really standing out.
Due to a promotion within our nursing team, Willow Ward
is looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate nurse to join our team, contributing to providing excellent rehabilitation service within Somerset.
Willow Ward is an 11-bed inpatient rehabilitation ward which provides a county wide service for female and male adults who require a high level of support and intensive rehabilitation; this is due to severe and enduring complex mental health conditions.
Main duties of the job
We will empower you to work innovatively, showing a commitment to providing compassionate care and a strong desire to improve the patient's experience.
You will be able to apply the philosophies of engagement, recovery and positive care in your work with your patients.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
* To lead the clinical management of designated service users in assessing, implementing and planning nursing care.* To ensure that junior staff and students are actively engaged in patient activity.* To observe, report and record changes in the patients physical, mental health and behaviour.
* To work with the MDT in planning and delivering care.* To maintain working knowledge of legislation and guidance pertaining to mental healthand learning disabilities.* To identify, provide and supervise the necessary physical care to patients to help them complete daily living activities. Personal care and daily living activities include personal hygiene, elimination, diet and fluid intake. clothing and laundering, manual handling, personal environment and maintaining rest and activity.* To identify and provide and supervise therapeutic activities, emotional support and stability to patients to ensure effective engagement whilst maintaining professional boundaries.* To create and maintain professional supportive relationships with all members of staff, with other professionals and agencies to enhance recovery.* To undertake required physical observations including blood pressure, temperature, respirations, blood sugars, urinalysis, weight and height and report exceptions appropriately.* To ensure that all clinical and risk assessments are completed and reviewed in line with Trust policies on data collection.* To be responsible for the administration of prescribed medication in line with Trust policy and drug administration standards.* To work within and manage the legal and professional frameworks relating to consent, capacity, deprivation of liberty and the Mental Health Act.Please see JD for full information
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Appropriately registered with the NMC as per post requirements.
- Teaching /Assessor qualification
- Required to develop the knowledge base in line with the KSF requirements for the post.
- Experience of working in multi-agency services
- Evidence of continuing professional development and to have undertaken post registration training.
- Experience of working within a rehabilitative environment
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Show care and compassion and put the patient Centre.
- Driving licence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.