IAPT Counsellor for Depression - Band 6 - Coventry & Rugby Full time, permanent role
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Counsellor to join the IAPT team, to provide excellent high quality time-limited counselling interventions in accordance with NICE guidelines to patients presenting with moderate Depression.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an experienced and committed service in a forward-thinking organisation and make a tangible difference to those struggling with anxiety and depression. Please note many Trust interviews are taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
The post holder will be part of an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service and will provide counselling for individuals diagnosed with depression.
The post holder will work within the remit of the Counselling for Depression (CfD) training
The post holder will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and should be committed to equal opportunities.
The Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust IAPT service is a well established and high performing service offering high quality, evidence based psychological interventions for our identified populations. We strongly believe that good clinical supervision, fidelity to the therapy models and a highly motivated and skilled workforce are key components to our continuing success.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
The candidate should ideally have completed the IAPT specific Counselling for Depression course but applications would be welcome from Counsellors who meet the criteria for entry to the training in addition to the Person Specification as outlined in the Job Description. The criteria that MUST be met are as follows:
- A diploma in humanistic or person-centered counselling or psychotherapy
- Holding, or having evidence of working towards BACP Counsellor/Psychotherapist accreditation
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and
- Successfully completed the Counselling for Depression (CfD) course and be
- BACP/UKCP accredited
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Essential
- Full range of skills as laid out in the competency framework for Humanistic Psychological Therapies (Roth AD, Hill A, Pilling S 2009)
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS
- Significant post qualification counselling practice supervised to BACP/UKCP requirements
- Experience of working in a medical setting, IAPT, primary care, mental health services, social services or equivalent setting
- Highly experienced in working therapeutically with a diverse and complex patient population, including patients from diverse ethnic backgrounds, using interpreters if needed. Sensitive to and respectful of patients' differing cultural, religious and social issues.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES Essential
- Car driver and car owner and able to move within one day to more than one practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.