An exciting opportunity has arisen at EPUT for an experienced, registered pharmacy technician to join the specialist pharmacy team at Essex Partnership University Trust. This post will be based at Chelford Court in Chelmsford and will be focused on providing essential pharmacy services such as dispensing, accuracy checking and Clozapine management across Bedfordshire, Essex and Suffolk.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of influencing others. You should be able to resolve issues identified and communicate effectively with service users, care staff, hospital staff and the wider pharmacy team.
The post holder must possess excellent interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills and be flexible. You will be self-motivated, able to work independently and above all will be passionate about providing the highest standards of care to service users.
If you wish to join our friendly, dynamic team and have the ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy and professionalism we look forward to hearing from you.
Main duties of the job
To participate in the provision and development of pharmaceutical services within the Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, as part of the Trust's pharmacy team. Provide technical support to the dispensary including formulating and compounding pharmaceuticals, dispensing and accuracy checking prescriptions.
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT) was formed on 1 April 2017 following the merger of North Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (NEP) and South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (SEPT).
Since then, EPUT has grown from strength to strength, providing many community health, mental health and learning disability services to support more than 3.2 million people living across Luton and Bedfordshire, Essex and Suffolk.
We are a large employer in the East of England with more than 5,400 staff working across more than 200 sites. We also provide services in people's home and community settings. Our Vision
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care. Our Purpose
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters. Our Values
Our strategic objectives
- We Care
- We Learn
- We Empower
- We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
- We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
- We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
- We will help our communities to thrive.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Dispense in-patient, out-patient, and leave/discharge prescriptions and clinical trial materials. Process prescriptions using the pharmacy IT system; select, compile, package and label and record prescription items according to departmental procedure.
- Final check clinically screened prescriptions and orders prepared by other pharmacy staff, before release to the ward or unit.
- Maintain controlled drug register, making entries, checking and reconciling stock as appropriate.
- Assess suitability of pharmaceutical products for return to stock. Return items using the pharmacy IT system, or dispose of according to departmental procedure.
- Assist with order checking, unpacking and storage of stock, ensuring appropriate stock rotation.
- Process ward stock orders using the pharmacy IT system, pick and package orders for delivery.
- Take an active role in the pharmacy team and provide support to less experienced staff.
- Seek advice from senior pharmacy colleagues as appropriate in order to provide advice to clinicians
- Take part in weekend, bank holiday, early and late working rotas, as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation relating to the use of medicines, including the Medicines Act, Misuse of Drugs Act, Human Medicines Regulations etc.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Pharmacy experience
- Hospital experience
- Accuracy Checking
Personal qualities Essential
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Empathy skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.