Are you committed to providing high quality patient care? WE need you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health.
Here are Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT) we are an organisation committed to providing high quality care to improve health and lives which seeks to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice and while maintaining the values of simplicity, integrity and care for those in need.
The Trust strategy is built upon three priorities:
- Delivering great care that is high quality and improves lives
- Providing a rewarding and supportive place to work
- Using resources to deliver effective and sustainable services
As a medical workforce, we provide outstanding secondary care mental health services that allow our service users to feel that they are safe and receiving the latest, high quality, evidence-based care, delivered by motivated, engaged and compassionate staff, who feel supported and enabled to grow in the workplace and the systems we provide. Further information can be found here
Main duties of the job Lead a small team of band 6 nurses to provide a duty system ,urgent and emergency assessments to meet the long term plan objectives.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing including:
- Excellent relocation package(if applicable)
- Annual leave entitlement as per the terms and conditions of Consultant contract,
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefit
This is a 6 PA post
*subject to conditions.
What you will get:
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Personalised Coaching and Mentoring
- Weekly academic teaching
- Optional Consultant Balint group
- Access to NHS Leadership and Development opportunities, including opportunity to become an appraiser and educational / training development opportunities
- Annual Medical Leadership development day
- Generous study leave allowance (averaging 10 days per year and up to 30 days leave over 3 years with a budget of £1000 per annum)
We are a high quality, high performing NHS foundation trust. We are the main provider of specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York as well as some highly specialised services across the country.We employ around 3,000 staff and every year we have contact with over 25,000 service users. Our vision is to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice. Our ambition is to support our service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives. We need people like you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health. We perform well againstlocal and national targetsand inour most recent CQC inspection, 85% of our services were rated good or outstanding.As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.
Job description Job responsibilities This is a new post.The service plans to pilot a crisis & intensive support perinatal service .Other members of this new team will be 4-6 band 6 mental health nurses. The core functions of this team will be
- Assessment of all the emergency referrals to the perinatal mental health service (within 4 hours)
- Assessment of all the urgent referrals to the perinatal mental health service (within 48 hours)
- Management of patients who need a higher level of monitoring and support .These will be newly referred and assessed patients who will later be transferred to the locality teams after achieving a period of stability
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge in general adult psychiatry and experience of perinatal psychiatry
- Ability to work constructively in and lead a multi-disciplinary team Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve by date of commencement
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve by date of commencement
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.