We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic HCPC registered Practitioner Psychologist to join Rehabilitation and Recovery (R&R) Service in Swansea / Bridgend.
The R&R service covers a range of services including a Low Secure Unit (Bridgend), Prison Inreach Team, Locked Rehabilitation Unit / Step Down Houses (Swansea) and Community Forensic Team (Swansea).
The post holder will be expected to provide Clinical Leadership for R&R, and assisting the Consultant Lead Psychologist and service managers in driving quality improvement and service development within the service.
You will receive regular supervision from a Consultant Psychologist, and you will join a supportive psychology department. There are strong teaching and placement links with the clinical, forensic and counselling psychology courses in South Wales and the South West of England.
The role is available to start as soon as possible. The base (Swansea or Bridgend) will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Main duties of the job
Provide Clinical Leadership for R&R Psychology across the health board, including provision of supervision to other R&R psychologists.
Provide support to service managers and Consultant Lead Psychologist in driving quality improvement, service development and research.
Provide direct clinical service into two service areas, either the low secure / prison inreach team or locked rehabilitation/ step down houses (to be negotiated with the successful candidate). Including direct assessment, formulation, and intervention to service users, their families & informal and professional carers. Supporting colleagues in the team through provision of reflective practice, team formulation, consultation and training.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex; religion or belief; race; age; sexual orientation; gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Post Graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology.
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with HCPC.
- Post doctoral training in specialised area of practice.
- Clinical supervision training for doctoral trainees.
- Eligible for full membership of speciality division of BPS.
- Significant experience working across the life course and levels of severity.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients care.
- Significant post doctoral experience in specialised area of practice.
- Experience of representing psychology in MDT.
- Experience of supervising trainee & qualified psychologists.
- Formal leadership training.
- Experience of Chairing meetings.
- Experience of Committee / Special interest Fora work.
- Experience of supervising non-psychologist staff.
- Use of complex methods of assessment (including neuropsychology assessment).
- Advanced skills in providing consultation.
- Well developed communication skills.
- Doctoral level research skills.
- Knowledge of legislation pertinent to AMH.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Skills in specialised practice in difficult to treat groups.
- Peer reviewed publications/conference presentations.
Personal Attributes Essential
- Self motivated and autonomous.
- Personal awareness & sensitivity.
- Ability to deal with distressing situations/severe challenging behaviour.
- Team Player.
- Ability to win respect of colleagues.
- Committed to CPD for self and others.
- Ability to manage competing demands.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.