Jasmines ward is a 16 bed mixed sex older persons ward based at Tolworth Hospital. We care primarily for those over the age of 75, with a range of Mental Health diagnoses; functional and organic. We employ a holistic, recovery focused approach and have a diverse MDT with numerous disciplines working collaboratively to deliver high standards of care. We are looking for Band 5 nurses who would like to develop their assessment, communication, and physical health skills/knowledge base.
You need to have a genuine passion in working with elderly patients and be willing to make a difference in their lives. You will be expected to deliver high standards of care, incorporating the recovery approach to cover all aspects of health needs and risks within a safe environment by working closely with the relevant community services. This will involve giving support to individuals to meet their psychological and physical health needs.
Main duties of the job Leading on and undertaking activities to ensure that the fundamentals of care are met - nutrition, hydration, hygiene, comfort, emotional and social support. Co-ordinating shifts and ensure the smooth running of the ward. Co-ordinating and evaluating collaborative patient-centered care; getting feedback and improving care plans with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT). Providing accurate information about care in an accessible format to patients and their relatives / carers. Liaising and working positively with members of the multi-disciplinary team and partner organisations, to ensure that appropriate and individual treatment is provided. Administering, and monitoring the side-effects of, medication; monitoring service usercompliance. You will also have opportunities to work with student nurses (in a supervisor role and possibly as an assessor if qualified).
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking- You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
Job description Job responsibilities
1. Working autonomously within the parameters of the role leading on implementing the delivery of quality nursing care, contributing to the physical, psychological, social, recreational and spiritual care in a recovery-focused way through therapeutic engagement and activities, and taking steps to address any issues that arise.
2. Leading on and undertaking activities to ensure that the fundamentals of care are met - nutrition, hydration, hygiene, comfort, emotional and social support.
3. Co-ordinating and evaluating collaborative patient-centred care; getting feedback and improving plans with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
4. Providing accurate information about care in an accessible format to patients and their relatives / carers.
5. Liaising and working positively with members of the multi- disciplinary team and partner organisations.
6. Administering, and monitoring the side-effects of, medication; monitoring service user compliance.
7. Safety; safe custody of medicines, sharps, clinical equipment, report all incidents following trust policy.
Person Specification Education and Qualification Essential
- Registered Adult Nurse and/or Registered Mental Health Nurse and/or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Experience of research-based/reflective practice, e.g. understanding and ability to use supervision to reflect on skills, attitude and knowledge and develop these by using evidence based practice.
- Knowledge of relevant Professional and Clinical legislation
- Experience of shift co-ordination.
- Experience of supervising and mentoring junior staff and students
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Able to provide quality care that is responsive to service user's needs, without close supervision
- Resilient: able to cope with difficult interpersonal situations.
- Advocates for all individuals, particularly those with protected characteristics; promotes equality and diversity.
- IT skills
- Skilled in supervision of others, and in providing critical and constructive feedback.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.