Do you enjoy working in a compassionate environment, want to learn and develop new skills, enjoy working with a variety of service users, all with very different needs and work with people in crisis to help them with their recovery, then this job is for you!
An opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker to join our Psychiatric Intensive Care Team - this comes at an exciting time, as our team is expanding and will soon be moving from our current unit, situated at Stepping Hill Hospital [Stockport], to our new 10 bedded unit at Tameside.
At present, our purpose-built unit is being constructed at the Tameside General Hospital site and it will be ready for us to join 31st August 2022. Our Current unit will then be extensively refurbished to provide specialist intensive care for 7 female service users.
Main duties of the job
- Provide for the social care needs of in-patient service users detained under the Mental Health
- The post holder will be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing recovery within a PICU environment.
- Carry out a range of social work responsibilities within framework of NHS and Community Care Act.
- The post holder will be conversant with legal duties under the MHA 1983 and MCA including Safeguarding of Adults at Risk and
- Have social circumstances report writing skills and ability to give evidence to MHT and reports to Ministry of
- As part of the MDT attend Clinical Team Meetings, CPA and undertake analysis related
- Understand multi agency information sharing in the interest of public protection and MAPPA
- Visit families for information gathering and to offer support and provide carers assessments where
- Be conversant with Part 3 MHA and S117 aftercare arrangements
- To understand respect and work within protected characteristics of Equalities Act
- Take part in clinical improvement groups and audits as required by the service.
- To attend MDT ward meetings, CPA reviews, admission and discharge care
- To provide professional Social Work support and advice to ward staff and other professionals in the multi-disciplinary team
- Bring knowledge of social care issues to the MDT
Our team provides short-term intensive assessment, treatment, and support to Service Users, who maybe experiencing a mental health crisis crisis, and often present with a variety of complex mental health needs.
To maximise Service User recovery, the teams will be working in a trauma informed way and utilising the RAID model of care. Our aim is to work in the least restrictive way as possible whilst maintaining patient safety.
Upon joining our team, we will ensure that successful candidates undergo both mandatory and bespoke training, to fully equip them with the skills required to work within our PICU environment.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Provide specialist advice to the team through knowledge of MHA, MCA and on
- Obtain and provide welfare benefit advice to service
- Deliver psychotherapeutic interventions with other members of the team
- Write reports and give evidence to
- Undertake audits as necessary /
- To communicate complex assessment information care and support planning and risk factors, to service users, carers, professionals, and the MDT as appropriate and in line with Information
- Support the MDT in identifying appropriate discharge pathways and the completion of referrals and clinical assessments to determine the patient's suitability.
- Communicate sensitive issues in a skilled and appropriate manner and address any barriers to participation and
- Communicate and articulate a wide range of information clearly, often in emotive or distressing
- Depending on the acuity of the Ward, the post holder may be required to perform their duties effectively while exposed to verbally aggressive behaviour, distress or
- Take a lead role in communicating with service users and families in distressing / difficult circumstances such as when clients have gone AWOL or have deteriorating Mental and physical
- see JD and PS for further details
Person Specification Essential Criteria Essential
- Role Requirements
- Years Experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.