Are you looking for a change of area, additional hours or simply need more flexibility to manage your work life balance?
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust have exciting Bank opportunities available within our District Nursing Team across Somerset!
At Somerset NHS Foundation Trust we are committed to delivering the safest possible patient care and the best possible experience for patients.
Our District Nurse team are responsible for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care and delegation of workload where appropriate to other members of the community nursing team. You will promote and support self-management and work with people to manage their long term conditions, prevent hospital admission, and support early discharge from the in-patient setting.
*Please note, you must have completed your preceptorship to be considered for this role.
**If you are currently employed by our trust get in touch with email@example.com for more information on how to join our Bank Team**
Our District Nursing areas include: North Sedgemoor
- Burnham-On-Sea / Bridgwater district South Somerset
- Yeovil / Chard district Taunton & West Somerset
- includes Minehead district Mendips
- Glastonbury, Wells, Frome
*Please note in your supporting statement the area you are interested in covering.
Main duties of the job
Responsibilities include but not limited to: End of life care, venipuncture, medication administration, wound care, leg ulcer management, catheter care, bowel management, continence assessments, diabetes management
Shift patterns include: 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 2pm-10pm
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, continuing professional development and regular informal conversations around career progression, annual recognition awards to celebrate and recognise our colleagues achievements throughout the year and not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
We work hard to make sure that inclusion is part of everything we do. We know that true inclusion means we're able to provide the best care for our patients and provide a fulfilling career for all our colleagues.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London - there is truly something for everyone!
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable.
We have six active and impactful colleague networks. These networks provide a safe space for colleagues to share their experiences and learn from one another, but also influence change across our trust:
- Multicultural Network
- Women's Network
- Armed Forces' Network
- LGBTQ+ Network
- Lived Experience Network, for colleagues living with disabilities
- Autistic Colleague Network
Job description Job responsibilities
Under the direction of the District Nurse Team Leader to be responsible for the assessment of both complex and simple care needs, the development,implementation and evaluation of programs of care and delegation of workload where appropriate to other members of the community nursing team.
To refer patients who require a complex review of care needs or community care assessment to the District Nurse Team Leader. The Community Nurse will share responsibility as the joint coordinator of caseload management in the absence of the District Nurse. Communication and key working relationships Effective Communication
Planning and organisation
- Establishing clear lines of communication between staff, team, other agencies, clients and carers
- Expressing ideas clearly, through oral or written communication
- Facilitating good partnership working with other departments and agencies to enhance multidisciplinary team working
- To participate and organise meetings as and when required, which have a clear purpose and outcome
- Demonstrating the ability to keep up to date with current developments in district nursing practice
- Ensuring that all nursing practice is research-based and delivered to an agreed standard
- Workload and Caseload Management
- Devise and implement a programme of home visiting, planning methods of intervention according to individual need
- In co-ordination with the Team Leader identify priorities within the caseload
Person Specification Relevant registration or working towards Essential
- Achieved registration or awaiting PIN
- Has previous District Nursing experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.