The Community Mental Health Recovery & Wellbeing Team, who are a friendly, fast paced, supportive team are looking to recruit a Community Mental Health Nurse who is flexible, creative, committed and able to adapt positively to change. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality, recovery focused, appropriately targeted mental health services which operate in accordance with agreed plans and objectives. You will have a good awareness of current health and social care issues which affect or influence our community and care of adults with mental health needs.
Main duties of the job
You will need significant, direct experience of working in community mental health services and have highly developed skills to enable you to work in assessment and treatment of adults within the first response framework.
A key requirement for this role is having the acumen to work under pressure, to tight time frames and in prioritising competing demands.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
If you are a committed, experienced, and confident mental health practitioner with a passion for working within a multi-disciplinary team you could be the right person for this role. You will be expected to liaise effectively with other services which include specialist mental health services both in the community and inpatient settings; Mental Health Practitioners in Primary Care Networks, Southend Borough Council and other external statutory or voluntary agencies. This exciting opportunity is pivotal in contributing to transformation of local mental health service provision.
In summary to apply you must demonstrate
- Experience in community mental health.
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have the willingness to learn
- Ability to respond to competing priorities
- Ability to support staff and facilitate change
- Have good IT skills
- A willingness to frequently travel to various locations within the Trust.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not apply.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- 2 years post registration experience
- Understanding their responsbilities under the mental health act
- Understanding their responsibilites under the mental capacity act / CPA
- Qualification at degree level or relevant experience
- Knowledge of community mental health services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.