An exciting opportunity has arisen with the North Essex Dementia Service working within the Care home liaison and Memory Assessment Service. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of a high level service for patients experience in Dementia and Frailty. As part of the national agenda for transformation the service is currently undergoing an exciting period of change with the development of the Dementia Intensive Support Team and the integration of the community teams within the local neighbourhood model in line with the North East Essex Alliance.
Main duties of the job
- To provide management/leadership for North East Essex Memory Assessment/Care Home Liaison Service and designated geographical localities.
- The post holder will lead and be accountable for the day to day operational management of the teams.
- To participate in the staff appraisal process and to undertake for any staff you manage
- To provide management supervision where appropriate
- To report on key performance indicators in line with national standards to ensure a quality service is delivered at all times.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will have continuing responsibility of age inclusive, comprehensive memory/mental health assessments and interventions. Including monitoring and management for individuals with short term memory difficulties. To be able to assess for dementia, complete relevant cognitive assessment tools and feedback the outcome having followed the memory assessment pathway.
Your role within the Care Home Liaison Service will be to offer specialist advice to care home managers and their staff in managing and caring for residents with mental health problems. You would be offering them support and would be linking them with the relevant mental health, third sector and primary care services.
Within the role you will be expected to cover other aspects of care delivery within the dementia and frailty pathway. This will allow for you to work collaboratively with key partnership organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team delivering evidence based person centred care over a 5 day week service.
You will also provide clinical leadership for both the Care Home Liaison and Memory Assessment Service.
You will be working closely with relevant parties regarding admission avoidance to both general hospital and older adult mental health inpatients services and ensure holistic care delivery and participate in the continued development of services
In delivering your duties you are expected to display behaviors that are aligned with the Trust values and as required in accordance with the NHS Constitution at all times.
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Experience within dementia care and to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of dementia
- To be efficient in completing Cognitive assessment tools
- Knowledge of working with external agencies to support the service user group
- Good oral communication skills based on fluency on the English language
- Provide clinical expertise and support to the Commissioning Panels (Health & Social Care)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.