An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Paediatric Physiotherapy team at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board, as a band 6. This will be a full time permanent post.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to join our friendly and dynamic team, committed to providing excellent care for children and young people. The team has a wealth of experience and the role will be well supported with ongoing opportunities for CPD, to help develop both clinical and leadership skills.
You should be a team player who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. You will need excellent clinical reasoning, time management, observation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in achieving well being and positive health outcomes for the population we serve.
The post holder will be required to:
- Assess and treat children from 0-19 with a verity of presentations including MSK, Neuro and respiratory issues.
- Have responsibility for managing a caseload independently and delivering services within a special school.
- Support delivery of physiotherapy services to our level 4 inpatient CAMHs unit
- Work closely, with other health professionals and the wider MDT, including education and social services to deliver high quality holistic, person centred care.
- Support quality improvement projects, clinical audit and research.
- Be involved in supporting junior therapists and student education.
Main duties of the job
To participate in Band 6 rotations providing a high standard of clinical physiotherapy management (assessment and treatment) ensuring best current evidence based practice for patients referred to the paediatric physiotherapy service within the following areas depending on rotation:
- Children's wards and SCBU
- Children's out-patients within specialist Children's Centres/Clinics
- Home environment
- Special Schools across the University Health Board area
- Mainstream Schools across the University Health Board area
- To take delegated responsibility from the senior physiotherapist within a variety of settings for managing patients with particular conditions and be responsible for providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment plans for patients within each rotation.
- To manage own daily caseload, supervise physiotherapy assistants and guide/mentor junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy students.
- To provide regular specialist physiotherapy input to designated paediatric clinics providing patients/parents/carers with any physiotherapy advice/equipment, home treatment programmes that may be necessary and arrange out patient physiotherapy where appropriate.
- To be an active member of the out of hours emergency respiratory on-call rota and participate in other weekend rotas as required across the University Health Board.
- The post holder will be expected to assist in covering the work of absent colleagues as required by the Line Manager.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualifications and Experience Essential
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration.
- Experience as junior (Band 5) on rotation (including respiratory, critical care, orthopaedics, neurology, general medicine, paediatrics)
- Experience of NHS systems and procedures
- Experience of MDT working
- Evidence of broad spectrum clinical knowledge/skills base
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.