An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the Occupational Therapy team in medicine located in University Hospital Llandough.
We are looking for an occupational therapist with experience and a passion for working on medical wards with a strong occupational focus.
Supervision and opportunities for continuing professional development are well established and we actively support the education of students within our service.
Continuous Professional Development is of prime importance to the Occupational Therapy Service and there are many and varied learning opportunities UHB wide. Learning opportunities are considered against the career framework pillars of practice.
We are seeking an individual who shares our core values in that:
- We care about the people we serve and the people we work with
- We trust one another
- We respect each other
- We take personal responsibility
- We treat people with kindness
- We act with integrity
Main duties of the job
Occupational Therapy is core to the medicine team delivering Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention as part of the multidisciplinary team . The post requires supervision of junior staff and students , service development and actively supporting the team to ensure a current evidence base.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
About us Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission isCaring for People, Keeping People Well,
and ourvision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiffand the Vale offers the best of both worlds.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Professional registration as recognised by HPC.
- Fieldwork Education Training Course.
- Evidence of recent study (especially that related to palliative)
- Sufficient post - graduate clinical experience.
- Managing a caseload
- Inter-professional and multi-agency team working.
- Direct involvement with carers and families
- Active practice placement educator
- Evidence of experience of palliative care preferably as a band 5 or as a student.
- Autonomous practitioner with self-management skills
- Sound clinical reasoning/problem solving skills within clinical area.
- Knowledge of current healthcare policies and application in clinical area.
- Mechanisms of audit and research methodology
- Reflective practitioner
- Basic I.T. Skills
- Research methodology.
- Presentations skills.
Special Knowledge Essential
- Knowledge of services that link across the primary/secondary care interface to provide integrated care in specialism.
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety at Work Act
- Member of special interest group
Personal Qualities Essential
- Professional confidence
- Adaptive skills that embrace change and new developments.
- Self motivated
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.