Locations Thackley Green , Corby, NN18 8JS Turn Furlong, Northampton, NN2 8BZ
Each day we deliver the health and social care services that people in Northamptonshire receive, in the community, at home, work or in schools.
In October 2022 we are launching a new way of working across the sites in Turn Furlong (Kingsthorpe, Northampton) and Thackley Green (Corby), to provide a new integrated health and social care model of care for people needing short term support upon discharge from hospital.
The 'Recovering Independence Bed' units, will be delivered by a range of staff from health and social care settings, to deliver clinical care, rehabilitation support, and care support, ensuring patients experience the best quality of service they can, in a prompt and smooth fashion.
The services will provide a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team, with experience from both elements of health and social care, to deliver vital intermediate care for patients in Northamptonshire.
As the focus of the centres is rehabilitation and reablement you will be working in an integrated multi-disciplinary team that includes senior nurses, staff nurses, unregistered staff, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, medical staff and social care colleagues.
Main duties of the job
You will need to provide quality care for our patients, specialising in rehabilitation/reablement and sub-acute care for patient stepping down from acute hospitals.
We want to create an effective and high performing team and so we are looking for somebody who is proactive and dedicated team member, is open to new ideas and is committed to delivering high quality care. You can be part of this new service from the very beginning and make a positive difference to people's recovery
As a Senior Occupational Therapist you'll
- Lead in developing goals with the patient and MDT colleagues to progress the patient towards discharge
- Lead the Occupational Therapy provision providing quality care to a group of patients on a daily basis ensuring safe and effective delegation of junior staff
- Lead in the assessment of the healthcare needs of patients and develop treatment plans reflecting their needs
- Assist the Therapy Lead by providing support to junior colleagues and assisting them in problem solving relating to patients.
- Assist in supporting and developing the team which includes undertaking appraisals, supervision and training and development with junior colleagues
- Assist the Therapy Lead in monitoring the quality of care the patients are receiving
- Assist in developing new ways of working in the centre and developing strong links with other services and the wider community
- Need to be well organised, confident and able to be adaptable and resourceful to deliver high quality patient care.
About us Rewards and Benefits
- Excellent learning and development to support you and develop your Nursing Career.
- Flexible working opportunities from start date
- Free parking on Trust Sites
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to training and developing its staff not only with clinical skills but also in leadership and managerial skills.
You'll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as generous annual leave plus bank holidays. Interviews will take place between the 22nd - 26th August 2022.
Join us and become part of Team NHFT.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Inpatient/rehab experience
- Post graduate qualifications
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.