An opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified, or experienced band 5 nurse to work within the Mid Essex dementia and frailty pathway.
The pathway works in localities , covering Chelmsford, Maldon and Braintree, with bases and teams in each area, within the Crystal centre we also have the Dementia intensive support service. As a band 5 nurse you will be part of a team responsible in providing person centered care, under the supervision of a senior member of the team.
Main duties of the job
This can include providing, care coordination, practical support, guidance and education to our patients and carers. This is a community post and you will need to be able to travel across the patch .
You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year, working shifts where appropriate and operationally required.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To work collaboratively with clients, service colleagues and other agencies to prevent inappropriate A&E attendances and Acute Hospital admissions
- To provide advice and decisions to other service members and partner agencies in relation to crisis situations, conditions and treatment plans, based on medical history and knowledge of certain conditions.
- Provide management and care of service users.
- Produce accurate and timely documentation on all clients in line with your Professional Code of Conduct and Trust policies.
- Conduct / contribute to the assessment process, as well as the observation and ongoing assessment, providing accurate and timely feedback.
- Participate in the planning, implementation / evaluation and ongoing review of treatment plans.
- Provide practical support, advice and education to service users, carers and other disciplines.
- Responsible for the recording of all patient related activity information onto the clinical system
- Carry out risk assessments including any potential hazards in the service users environment.
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral / review / business.
- Report and document incidents as required.
- Conduct physical health care checks of service users and act upon findings.
- Act as a key worker.
- Provide education around the medication prescribed, side effects, actions and aids to compliance.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Person Specification Education Essential
- Registration Mental Health Nurse RMN
- Good standard of education.
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters.
- Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management.
- The ability to devise comprehensive care plans that incorporate effective, individualised and evidence-based therapy interventions
- Good IT skills i.e. Word / Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Has knowledge of clinical systems such as PARIS and System one
- Previous experience of working in the NHS or health care sector
- Knowledge of the physical health needs of service users and monitoring of same.
- Understand the need for compassion in working with colleagues, service users and families.
- Undertake a range of clinical duties e.g. providing practical support and guidance to service users.
- To assess and treat own caseload of service users in accordance with Trust clinical pathways.
- Undertake physical health checks of services users and act on the findings appropriately.
- Promoting concordance with medication and treatment regimes
- Mentorship and supervision of lower banded staff
Personal Qualities Essential
- Shares the Trust's Beliefs and models this in their attitude and behaviour
- Ensures that the organisational values of open, compassionate and empowering are demonstrated by self and others every day and that any matters of concern are addressed in a timely way, either directly; or raised with the relevant Line Manager; or through the relevant processes within the Trust as appropriate.
- Current driving licence
- Knowledge to access support for self when required.
- Be able to assess and act well in unpredictable situations where multi- tasking will be required
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.