An exciting opportunity has arisen for a competent, confident, and enthusiastic full time Band 5 occupational therapist to join our team. The Sedgefield and Dales Community Mental Health Team is based within mental health Services for Older People covering the Sedgefield and Dales area and is located at Auckland park Hospital. The multi-disciplinary team works with older people and their families to deliver holistic assessments and offer diagnosis, treatment and interventions for all those patients with Functional and Organic mental health needs. The post holder will provide evidence-based assessment and interventions as part of the OT Pathway, Dmentia Pathway and Community Mental Health Framework and offer input to individuals, their families and carers, in their own homes or outpatient clinic. We are looking for an OT who can work flexibly to meet service need and has the vision, energy and inspiration to develop creative, imaginative solutions to working with older people and families.
You will access wider support from the occupational therapy network in Durham in TEWV, to develop a way of delivering a high quality, needs-led OT service, utilising core occupational therapy skills to ensure all of the people we work with have a robust occupational therapy assessment and intervention plan in place.
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for receiving referrals for occupational therapy, completing evidence-based assessments and interventions to address key occupational areas of self-care, productivity and leisure.
- To use client-centred approaches to co-producing negotiated occupational goals and evaluate these with service users collaboratively.
- To participate in clinical/professional and management supervision
- To contribute to multi-disciplinary team working
- To contribute to service improvement and quality initiatives
- To use the Trust electronic patient record system
- To abide by all Trust policies and procedures
- To be able to respond flexibly and creatively to challenges
There are varied opportunities for training and development, with CPD needs being identified and monitored through appraisal.
As an occupational therapist in TEWV you will be professionally accountable for own caseload, assessing occupational performance and delivering occupational interventions, demonstrating adherence to the Trust Values at all times and operating as a member of the team, service and organisation.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for further detailed information regarding the role and main responsibilities.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Accredited Practice Placement Educator (APPLE)
- Experience of working in a variety of occupational therapy practice areas whilst on student placements
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience presenting to groups
- Communicate complex and sensitive information in a manner appropriate to the individual and situation.
- Ability to relate therapeutically to the needs of the service user group.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.