Are you a qualified PWP looking for a new challenge?
Following several of our PWP's being successful in being selected for High Intensity Training posts, we are looking to recruit QUALIFIED PWP's.
Main duties of the job
Health in Mind Mid Essex are a dynamic and innovative team. We actively encourage people to specialise in projects, alongside their core work. If you are looking for an exciting new job, then we are the people to come to.
At present the Service uses telephone, and video conferencing as well as online methods of communication to support patients to access and engage with treatment.At present staff are working part time remotely as well as in the office. It is essential that you can meet this requirement as we pride ourselves on having a strong, cohesive team, and we would expect the successful postholder to be integrated fully with our other PWP's.
PWP's work alongside High intensity therapists to support Self esteem groups, Health Anxiety groups, and PTSD groups. The PWP's also promote the service with stress workshops, mental health training, and attending conferences and GP days. If successful you will also be working with other professionals to offer a service to people with various long tern conditions.
A full internal CPD programme is on offer to all our staff, which runs throughout the year. See job description and person specification for details.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the main duties and responsibilities of the role please refer to the job description and person specification documents attached.
Person Specification Training and Qualifications Essential
- Recognised qualification for PWP
- At least 1 years experience in an IAPT service
- Experience of working with groups
- Have led or supported an innovative approach
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Worked with people with MH problems
- Worked in a service with targets for clinical outcomes
- Understanding of how anxiety and depression presents in primary care
- Understanding of the importance of evidence based therapies and relevance to this post
- Primary care experience
- Knowledge of issues surrounding work and its impact on MH
- Knowledge of medication for anxiety and depression / common mental health problems
Communication Skills Essential
- Advanced communication, excellent verbal skills, including phone.
- Excellent written communication, demonstrates high standards
- Good team working and fostering relationships
Physical Skills and effort Essential
- Car driver (unless disability preventing driving)
- Work under pressure to agreed activity
- Manage own caseload
Emotional Effort Essential
- Develops good therapeutic relationships with clients, carers etc
- Can regularly deal with distressing or emotionally charged situations
- High level enthusiasm and motivation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.