Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust CONSULTANT IN ADULT PSYCHIATRYStockport- 10PAsPennine Care NHS Foundation Trust is looking to recruit a full-time substantive Consultant Psychiatrist. This post is based in Stockport and is a sector role. The post holder will be based at the Department of Psychiatry, Stepping Hill Hospital. Stockport operates in a sectorised model and is staffed by 7 full-time Consultants in Adult Psychiatry. Each Consultant is allocated a Junior Doctor (NW Deanery training schemes) to work with them. The EIT is covered by a full time consultant.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust and there are many opportunities to contribute to the organisations' development and to look at service redesign models. Stockport has a very strong teaching commitment and candidates will be expected to contribute to the teaching of medical and nursing staff. There are close links with ongoing research projects. The Consultants contribute to local service user & carer groups.
Main duties of the job
To provide high-quality Mental Health Care for adults with severe and enduring mental health problems both inpatient and outpatients.To work closely with other teams and Consultants to ensure coherent and high-quality mental health care for adults with severe and enduring mental health problems within the Stockport area.To work with the other Consultants to support the development of the service, and to attend local and divisional service development meetings.Applicants must be on the GMC's Specialist Register or eligible for inclusion or be within six months' of the anticipated award of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in General Adult Psychiatry at the time of interview for the post.
On Call frequency is 1 in 16 We offer ample opportunities for our consultants' professional development and opportunities for additional work for additional PAs (require negotiation)
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Possession of a medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC with a license to practice
- Entry into Specialist Register
- Higher psychiatric training or its equivalent.
- Section 12 (2) Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 or be eligible for approval
- Other postgraduate degrees e.g. MSc, MD, MRCP etc.
- Possession of MRCPsych or equivalent qualification
- Possession of CCT in general adult psychiatry or be within 6 months of achieving this or on the Specialist Register with the GMC for general adult psychiatry
Skills & Experience Essential
- Evidence of teaching and training abilities.
- Commitment to share the work of the department with colleagues, to develop and improve the service as a whole, and to the organisational philosophy.
- Registered for CPD with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Evidence of audit activity.
- Available to participate in on-call rota
- Experience in detention of patients under the MHA (1983)
- Experience of writing reports for the Mental Health Review Tribunals.
- Evidence of leading the development of services elsewhere.
- An interest in management and service development.
- In 'Good professional standing for CPD'.
- Published audit and published research.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.