The South Camden rehabilitation and Recovery team
has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker or OT to join the service as a Team Manager. This post is a permanent post.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be a qualified and registered nurse, Social Worker or OT with experience of supporting individuals (and their families) with psychosis in a community setting and of managing a caseload.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide strong clinical leadership, with an emphasis on service development, partnership working and risk management.The post will involve providing clinical and line management to staff, chairing clinical meetings, and allocating work to the team. There will be a strong focus on meeting local performance targets as well as meeting national Key Performance Indicators.
Candidates will be well supported by the Service Manager and the Divisional Management Team.Applicants are advised the selection process will comprise of a written test and interview.For further details / informal visits contact:Louise Cantrell Service Manager, on 07970 404 620
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust (C&I) provides high quality, safe and innovative mental health care to our patients in the community, in their homes or in hospital. We provide services for adults of working age, adults with learning difficulties, and older people in the London area. We currently deliver the majority of our care to residents in the London Boroughs of Camden and
Islington. However, we also provide substance misuse services in Westminster, and a substance misuse and psychological therapies service to people living in Kingston. Our trust is also a member of University College London Partners (UCLP), one of the world's leading academic health science partnerships. In addition we have specialist programmes which provide help and treatment for: veterans living in London, young people caught in the cycle of gang culture, older people living with dementia and other age related mental health conditions. For more information, please access the following link: https://www.candi.nhs.uk/
Job description Job responsibilities
- To take operational day to day management responsibility at team level to ensure the effective and safe service delivery.
- To ensure full compliance of team members with key mechanisms to support clinical delivery including CPA, HONOS, records management, health and social care data entry, practice development, incident reporting, serious untoward incident review and complaints, safeguarding and risk assessments
- To provide leadership and line management to the teams to support them in the delivery of high quality, outcome focused service.
- To promote a culture that fosters staff involvement and a progressive attitude to service improvement.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Diploma or degree leading to professional Registered qualification in Mental Health.
- Current registration with relevant professional body
- Masters Degree in related field or other relevant qualification.
- Ability to take initiative, demonstrate leadership skills and act as an agent of change.
- Ability to work in partnership with colleagues from a range of disciplines
- Ability to use relevant IT applications
- Experience of staff supervison and team management.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant social care and health legislation, policies, procedures and best practice guides and how they impact on service users including evidence of its implementation and application
- Knowledge of care pathways, key performance indicators and outcome measures in relation to SMI client group.
- Knowledge of the principles behind Service User engagement.
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of statutory and voluntary sector agencies.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.